Another homebrewing engineer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillKlineVT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in Northern VA and have been homebrewing since April. I got into brewing from a friend at college (GO HOKIES!). I have brewed 5 beers so far, all extract kits - mostly from Midwest Supplies. Current brew in the primary is Pumpkin Ale, as well as some EdWort's Apfelwein in a carboy. I got sick of bottling after my 4th batch (Coffee Stout), so I've been saving up for a kegerator.

I ended up finding a good deal on a 5 cu ft chest freezer about a month ago, so I got that and set it all up for a keezer w/collar. It looks pretty sweet (details to follow in another post), but as luck will have it, it lost its ability to refrigerate this past weekend. I have a Ranco controller set up on it, but it won't get below ambient anymore - and the compressor is running. Oh well - time for a bigger freezer!

I've ordered a 2 tap "fridge conversion" kit with all stainless parts (incl. Perlicks), should be here tomorrow. I will be buying a 9 cu ft freezer this weekend to make the new and improved keezer. In the end, I plan to have 4 taps, with 3 corny kegs and one sanke keg (for local micro's, etc).

Anyway, wanted to say hello and thank you for all of the information on the site, I've been scouring the threads for about a month now, and already learned so much about how to improve my brewing techniques, as well as how to build a keezer!

-Bill

Back