Brewater - new software for brewing water calculation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewater

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have finished Brewatercalc software recently and would like to inform you about details. The software main goal
is to give everything what is needed to completely define brewing water, but you will decide did I got it.

Brewatercalc is completely free for use. You can try it, and if you like it positive feedback is enough for me.

If you find some problems with Brewatercalc please inform me, and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

You can get Brewatercalc on:

http://www.brewater.net

attempted download

404 error

Same here. Using Samsung Galaxy SIII
and HBT mobile.

Hello guys!

I have finished Brewatercalc software recently and would like to inform you about details. The software main goal
is to give everything what is needed to completely define brewing water, but you will decide did I got it.

Brewatercalc is completely free for use. You can try it, and if you like it positive feedback is enough for me.

If you find some problems with Brewatercalc please inform me, and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

I'm looking forward to playing with water Chemistry in my upcoming batches. I was looking to compare this to Bru'n Water.

Link now works....
antivirus immediately deleted it upon download citing security risk.

On the site you can find new version, with fixed few reported bugs in user interface.

Thanks for your effort. Mineral/salt additions can be added only as whole numbers; too course for me. What makes your version
better than Brun Water, other than simplicity? Have you compared your results with other water software by doing actual mini mashes?

Thanks for your effort. Mineral/salt additions can be added only as whole numbers; too course for me. What makes your version
better than Brun Water, other than simplicity? Have you compared your results with other water software by doing actual mini mashes?

@gandelf
Thank you for trying the software!

It is supporting and numbers with decimal places, you should only click again on cell and input additional decimal separator/numbers. I will improve this to be more intuitive.

It is by user to decide which software the best satisfied his/her requirements. Main goal was to make a software which will be very simply for using, because existing calculators could be little confusing for novice users. Purpose of this tool is to provide brewing water in minutes..

With this calculator you can do:

-Creating base for waters, target profiles and malts for further use
-Automatically blend two and more different waters, so that all together be as much as possible close to target profile
-Second step is automatic calculation of minerals/salts, so that blended water with additions be as much as close to target profile.
-You can choose which minerals/salts will be taken into account during automatic calculation
-You can also enter all data manually like in spreadsheet
-The software works as standalone application
-It is supported to export current project to .pdf file at any time (in future will be and html export supported)
-You can have different project for every batch, which can be saved to base and available at any time
-I hope that in future this project will be translated to more languages then existing two (with help of other users)
-The method for calculation of mash pH used in this software is proven, and for me it is close enough. If somebody find out that something is wrong, I expect that it will be reported to me.

Development of this software is continuing, and in future you could expect more interesting futures.

Thank you a lot for your feedback.

:mug:

So is this site dead? Any update on this?

Now, site is alive.

I am working on an update for the software, so I expect that new version will be avaliable in next 15-days.

Also, new tutorial will be prepared...

Update:

The software is now localized on German language and new video presentation is available.

Tried it out tonight. Super easy to use and seemed to give me numbers in line with Brun water.

If I'm doing BIAB with no sparge, can I just set sparge volume to zero and ignore the sparge tab?

Tried it out tonight. Super easy to use and seemed to give me numbers in line with Brun water.

If I'm doing BIAB with no sparge, can I just set sparge volume to zero and ignore the sparge tab?

Please dowload and install new build from the site. In sparge water quantity textbox just put zero value and ignore sparge tab. Than you will have just mash what is suitable for no sparge systems (biab, braumeister...). Additionaly, from pdf report sparge section will be taken out.

Hello guys!

Hi
Can software used at POS machine? I want used this software by POS or Ipad.:tank:

Great software.

A few key things i like...

-The ability to save/record beer recipe name with chosen water profile.
-Simplicity, you are right some excel based calculators can be overwhelming.

A few things id like to see...

-How about grams per gallon option?
-Also how about a reference or note (for those of us who rely on software such as Brew N Water) to tell us which minerals should be added to mash and which should be added to sparge.
-Also, in the results section alkalinity is spelled incorrectly.
-The ability to remove additional rows from the recipe section and mash water/sparge water profile.

Errors...

-When i change the calculation resolution for grams from 1 to .25 the software will crash. .5 seems to work

Great software.

A few key things i like...

-The ability to save/record beer recipe name with chosen water profile.
-Simplicity, you are right some excel based calculators can be overwhelming.

A few things id like to see...

-Also how about a reference or note (for those of us who rely on software such as Brew N Water) to tell us which minerals should be added to mash and which should be added to sparge.
-The ability to remove additional rows from the recipe section and mash water/sparge water profile.

Errors...

-When i change the calculation resolution for grams from 1 to .25 the software will crash. .5 seems to work

Thank you on comments.

It is supported, just in settings change units to Imperial

When you generate pdf report, you will get detailed info about water,
minerals etc.

I will fix it. Thx.

You can add/remove any row. Just select it and press delete button on
keyboard.

:mug:

Back