Awesome SWMBO comment!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
So the SWMBO and I were at a local firemen's fair today. All the usual stuff but the firemen cook and sell most of the food themselves. Im not sure what they were cooking but on the side they had massive pots cooking something.

So I say to SWMBO, "Holy crap! Look at those pots and burners! Can you say 30 gallon batches?!

SWMBO: Go ask them where they got them.

Me: Do you have any idea how much that would cost?

SWMBO: Well...how committed are you?

Ask to borrow it. your taxes paid for it anyway. Better yet, there are several firehouses in my area that brew.(they take the buckets home to ferment, but do the actual brew at the station). Ask them if they want to learn.:D Then you can be the local expert and be invited to all the brews.

Let me guess. Firemans Chowder. Whos field day did I miss. And you can make those big kettles for cheap. One 50g drum, one old washing machine basin. A little welding and poof 30 gallon pot.

Good Good, thought I missed a local one. I try to make them all every year.

And you can make those big kettles for cheap. One 50g drum, one old washing machine basin. A little welding and poof 30 gallon pot.

Is there any thread on this conversion anywhere? Can't do it for myself right now but I take notes.

So the SWMBO and I were at a local firemen's fair today. All the usual stuff but the firemen cook and sell most of the food themselves. Im not sure what they were cooking but on the side they had massive pots cooking something.

So I say to SWMBO, "Holy crap! Look at those pots and burners! Can you say 30 gallon batches?!

Dude dont ask questions just go buy them!!!!

dude she is practically telling you to go do it...almost as if she is daring u. I say go for it!!!

Latest posts

Back