WANTED: Boneyard RPM IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinness_time

Reaction score
Well I know I can't be the only one out there looking for this so I'm just going to go ahead and ask. I've been all over the net trying to get a hint of what hops Boneyard uses in the RPM IPA but all I get is the same, "4 Northwestern Hops". Well it kinda narrows it down. I know for sure that one of them has to be Citra, the others, not so sure. I'm almost guessing the Citra is the main bittering hop but once again I will have to try and experiment. Just looking for suggestions on the other hops. My local beer store will be putting this on tap later this week so I'll fill up some growlers to compare with whatever I come up with on this recipe. :rockin: Thanks in advance.

have you made any progress with this one? my buddy in portland wants to disect this beer as well... from what he tells me/the website i think you are right about the citra... and its probably heavy on the dry hop as he said its got one of the best aromas for an ipa that he has seen! would love to get my hands on one to try it, but im in florida and im not sure that i can find one down here...

thanks and good luck :)

I'm going to bring this thread back up in hopes we can get a recipe done. I'm just waiting for it to get back on tap here and I will start working on the clone.

Here's some info:

Lawrence alluded to the problems of being a hop-forward brewery with three core products: an IPA, a Double IPA and a Red Ale. Market volatility makes basing any recipe around specialty hops like Citra or Simcoe highly risky. Instead, he hedges his bets by using a blend of hops. The IPA, for example, contains: Bravo, Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Citra and CTZ. He says he also contracts “long” on hops like Amarillo.

I would assume Citra, Cascade, Chinook, and Centennial in the boil and dry hop, Bravo/CTZ for bittering? Does that count as 4 hops? Website says "Boiled and dryhopped with 4 varieties of hops".

theveganbrewer said:
I'm going to bring this thread back up in hopes we can get a recipe done. I'm just waiting for it to get back on tap here and I will start working on the clone.

Here's some info:

I would assume Citra, Cascade, Chinook, and Centennial in the boil and dry hop, Bravo/CTZ for bittering? Does that count as 4 hops? Website says "Boiled and dryhopped with 4 varieties of hops".

Ya. For a blonde in deck this weekend then a break for a bit. Ill give this a go next. Thanks for the info though. More to follow.

Just wanted to see if anyone had updates on a recipe? I had the RPM for the first time last weekend and was blown away. Any help would be appreciated.

Back