Kegging Red Bull at $0.14 per 12 oz can

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea if liquor and soda can stay mixed in the kegs for extended periods of time? I see that the syrups have "best by" dates, but would there be any reason a 5g corny mixed with energy mix and vodka wouldn't stay fresh for a couple of months?

I'm still completely awestruck by the idea of having red bull and vodka or jack and coke on tap... I'm gathering plans for my keezer now, and I would absolutely add a dedicated faucet/line/keg for this. And then I would schedule my liver transplant.

Has anyone tried this in a kolsch or Pale ale yet? Might be interesting to try with a pale beer instead of mixing with vodka.

Any idea if liquor and soda can stay mixed in the kegs for extended periods of time? I see that the syrups have "best by" dates, but would there be any reason a 5g corny mixed with energy mix and vodka wouldn't stay fresh for a couple of months?

I've always used fresh syrup, but I've had it on tap for months without any noticeable decline in flavor. This is without any alcohol added, which I would think shouldn't change much...

I'm in awwww right now after reading 13 pages of comments on homemade Redbull. This is too goood to be true! my girlfriend and I go through a case about every week or two. can you guys give me some advice on how to get as close as possible to the real Redbull and where to buy everything PLEAASE? Thank you so much!:mug:

Be careful when playing with concentrated caffeine powder. Very easy to put yourself in the E.R with too much. A little goes an insanely long way.

Good luck!

FermentNEthinG said:
Be careful when playing with concentrated caffeine powder. Very easy to put yourself in the E.R with too much. A little goes an insanely long way.

Good luck!

But if you measured it out to give your coffee stout the caffeine equivalent of a cup of coffee, I would think that would be pretty sweet. Or any other beer for that matter... if it truly does not affect taste at all. Just add it to the bottling bucket with the carbonation sugar, I would think...

Wow I had just thought about doing this a couple weeks ago and it looks like it will actually turn out pretty well good to know and thanks for the info!

Jeffro74 said:
But if you measured it out to give your coffee stout the caffeine equivalent of a cup of coffee, I would think that would be pretty sweet. Or any other beer for that matter... if it truly does not affect taste at all. Just add it to the bottling bucket with the carbonation sugar, I would think...
I'm not saying not to do it... You do as you please, thats what makes this hobby fun! I was just throwing a word of caution out there. When you start measuring additive chemicals in milligrams there is little room for error.

Only thing I would say is I drink beer a lot quicker than I drink coffee. Might want to tone down the caffine in the beer to account for drinking more of it. ;)

mattd2 said:
Only thing I would say is I drink beer a lot quicker than I drink coffee. Might want to tone down the caffine in the beer to account for drinking more of it. ;)

If I make it a chewy thick stout, I think the aforementioned warning of caffeine will keep people from pounding them. This might also keep my single beer during dinner from making me want to fall asleep at 7:30 with the kids ;)

Jeffro74 said:
If I make it a chewy thick stout, I think the aforementioned warning of caffeine will keep people from pounding them. This might also keep my single beer during dinner from making me want to fall asleep at 7:30 with the kids ;)

There are other sources of flavor. Try prairie moon.biz; they have bazillions of concentrates: melon, piña colada, etc. you can then use any sweetener you like and it's cheaper than syrup. Health food places also have concentrates sweetened with stevia.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but Walmart has most of these mixes for $4.99

I am new to kegging but would definitely like to save money for redbull tasting alternatives. I just bought a kegging kit from kegconnection. So I just wanted to ask you pros a few questions before I start.

1. After I mix the sodastream energy mixture with filtered water, how much psi do I use and for how long?
2. Do I disconnect the co2 after a certain amount of time?
3. How long will this mixture stay good for?

Again I am new to this so please no insults :D

1. Generally from what I have read 30 PSI is what soda is carbed at.
2. As with kegging beer it is best to leave it on carbonation pressure when serving. If using a empty 2 liter and carbonator cap, yeah you can disconnect.
3. If you are making a keg of soda, you probably drink it faster than it will go bad.

Back