Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With one character (one that I totally botched up) I was actually attacked by the Dark Brotherhood. Guy had an order signed by Astrid herself!! Wonder what that was all about.

Well I am down to 2 daedric quests remaining. I have lots of weapons I'll never use.

Do you use Mehrunes razor much? I like the base damage (compared to other daggers) but I'm curious to how often the insta kill hits? I do not believe it has popped once for me yet (but I haven't use it a ton).

So you ate "dinner" and got the ring? Maybe you failed because it was the last quest for the faction and you killed the entire faction?

Yep. Had a snack, got the ring. Killed the crew. Looted the lot.

Well I am down to 2 daedric quests remaining. I have lots of weapons I'll never use.

Same here and I've only done a handful of Daedric quests. Trouble is, finding vendors with enough cash. I hate leaving anytthing behind with a list value of less than 60.

With one character (one that I totally botched up) I was actually attacked by the Dark Brotherhood. Guy had an order signed by Astrid herself!! Wonder what that was all about.

I am looking forward to teh DB questline. And looking forward to killing them all! I've had no less than 4 attempts on my life by these chumps. Hell, bears and sabre cats are harder to kill!

Do you use Mehrunes razor much? I like the base damage (compared to other daggers) but I'm curious to how often the insta kill hits? I do not believe it has popped once for me yet (but I haven't use it a ton).

I got a stone for Mehrune Razor. One of those things I've found (looted from a Hargraven) and cannot store in a container cause it's a quest item. No clue what it's for yet. Haven't started a quest for the thing. Is it a dagger?

Have the same thing with a book "Waters of Oblivion", I think, is the name. No fecking clue why I have to carry it or what it pertains to. And yes, I have gleaned through it.

I got a stone for Mehrune Razor. One of those things I've found (looted from a Hargraven) and cannot store in a container cause it's a quest item. No clue what it's for yet. Haven't started a quest for the thing. Is it a dagger?

Yes it is a dagger that has 3 parts to it. You may have the initial quest but haven't been to the town yet to talk to the person who wants you to collect the items. (Trying not to say to much)

Yes it is a dagger that has 3 parts to it. You may have the initial quest but haven't been to the town yet to talk to the person who wants you to collect the items. (Trying not to say to much)

This is one of those thing where I was on my way to another place I have on teh map but haven't discovered and came across a tower. Figured I'd have a look around before moving on. Got through and thought, "damn, all that for a bumboozer?" .... "Where's the ring and peewee's?"

Figured it would be another one of those "Get me the thing from the place if you are to prove your worth!", "Oh, you mean this?"

H-ost said:

I use it on the falmer a lot but having 30x back stab damage makes it impossible to tell. :) I did have it hit on the dragon in black reach on the 2nd hit.

Ugh, i'm hooked again, i've been up almost every night this week til 1 playing.

Currently playing a Nord Warrior, using him to do the main quest line and other misc quests. I started doing the Companions, but decided not to 'join'.

Thinking of starting a second character soon as well. Thinking of doing a pickpocket/assasin khajit or some kind of mage. The fiance is going back to Florida next weekend for work/family visit so i should have 4 days with just the dogs and skyrim. I might forget to eat :cross:

Ugh, i'm hooked again, i've been up almost every night this week til 1 playing.

Currently playing a Nord Warrior, using him to do the main quest line and other misc quests. I started doing the Companions, but decided not to 'join'.

Thinking of starting a second character soon as well. Thinking of doing a pickpocket/assasin khajit or some kind of mage. The fiance is going back to Florida next weekend for work/family visit so i should have 4 days with just the dogs and skyrim. I might forget to eat :cross:

I've whittled down the miscellaneous quests to just a handful. Maybe 8 or 10. Not sure. They all "fit" on one screen now with no scroll bar.

Still haven't joined a side yet nor have I started any Companions quests or been to Riften.

I decided to start the Boethia Calling quest after sorting out the murders in Windhelm (I swear the mage didn't do it but, that is where the questline took it). Found a secret book in an oddities shop. I know the real culprit but I expect I just have to wait until another murder occurs in Windhelm in order for the rest of the plot to unfold.

Anyway, now I am trying to locate some meat, er, a follower. It just occured to me that I am going to have to cut Lydia loose to finish this quest.

I have a bunch of misc quests lined up, i'll take some on and then decide if i actually want to do them, if they tie in to my character at all.

I have had tendencies in the past to just do everything with the one character, but am trying to avoid that with Skyrim.

My Nord Warrior/Hunter, Aksel Einar, is a Battleaxe and Shield guy or dual wields a dagger. He is adept with a bow and arrow, and in his time away from Skyrim learned to manipulate Fire. He returned to Skyrim to join the Stormcloaks, he also HATES vampires.

He is a badass and he looks like Matthew McConaughey in Reign of Fire, lol.

I decided to start the Boethia Calling quest after sorting out the murders in Windhelm (I swear the mage didn't do it but, that is where the questline took it). Found a secret book in an oddities shop. I know the real culprit but I expect I just have to wait until another murder occurs in Windhelm in order for the rest of the plot to unfold.

Being a thief I was fortunate enough to have already pilfered through the oddities shop before I started this quest. It actually made it harder because when I was supposed to "patrol the streets" I spent hours (game time) staring at his store waiting for him to come out to follow him. I ended up looking online to find where I was supposed to go.

Being a thief I was fortunate enough to have already pilfered through the oddities shop before I started this quest. It actually made it harder because when I was supposed to "patrol the streets" I spent hours (game time) staring at his store waiting for him to come out to follow him. I ended up looking online to find where I was supposed to go.

This was the only person I have pickpocketed.

I honestly don't know why. There was just something about that box that I knew I had to at least see what was inside.

The questline closed as completed once the mage was jailed. But, there is still that book. I expect there is more to this. Dude pops up everywhere now telling me to visit his shop.

That quest was oddly fun. I liked the "investigative" aspect of it.

The embalming tools all over his place didn't give it away? heh :D I guess it is an oddities shop but it was still fishy to me.

I believe you are correct in thinking your story isn't finished...

The embalming tools all over his place didn't give it away? heh :D I guess it is an oddities shop but it was still fishy to me.

I believe you are correct in thinking your story isn't finished...

I know it isn't over. I just don't know what it will take to get it going again and I am resisting looking it up. I expect I just have to wait. Figured I'd go find a follower for teh Boethia thing and come back to Windhelm after that.

That quest is notoriously buggy. I wasnt able to complete it without looking it up online.

I've been bitten a time or twop by the Xbox saves bug. Has cause me to make sure to save really often but to clear all but the last save from the cache.

Lot of good THAT did me on the Taste of Death quest. I know it's complete because I have the artifact. But since I killed everyone after that it's shown as failed.

I did look online to see if I fecked myself on that one. Even the online stuff says after you get the artifact that you can kill everyone and loot. :confused:

GilaMinumBeer said:
I've been bitten a time or twop by the Xbox saves bug. Has cause me to make sure to save really often but to clear all but the last save from the cache.

Lot of good THAT did me on the Taste of Death quest. I know it's complete because I have the artifact. But since I killed everyone after that it's shown as failed.

I did look online to see if I fecked myself on that one. Even the online stuff says after you get the artifact that you can kill everyone and loot. :confused:

I screwed up the start of the Boethia quest. Killed all the followers and the screen turned the red and I can't sacrifice a follower.

I screwed up the start of the Boethia quest. Killed all the followers and the screen turned the red and I can't sacrifice a follower.

Hmm. I wonder if you had a glitch then. I killed all the cultists too. On teh last one the screen went red and trippy and Boethia started talking.

Are you saying that the sacrifice had to be a cultist?

I assumed any follower would do. I plan to find Stenvar in Windhelm. Pay him to follow, sacrifice him, and get my cash back.

Good to know... Yola's house is too small and she never puts out... The only thing she ever wants to talk about is if we are going to live somewhere else. "No, Yola! Before I married you all you talked about was going to live with the Khajits, now you want me to buy a house? What happened to your dream huh??"

Good to know... Yola's house is too small and she never puts out... The only thing she ever wants to talk about is if we are going to live somewhere else. "No, Yola! Before I married you all you talked about was going to live with the Khajits, now you want me to buy a house? What happened to your dream huh??"

You didn't buy BreezeHome? It's the least expensive one.

If you have a house somewhere else, you can send her to live there too.

GilaMinumBeer said:
Hmm. I wonder if you had a glitch then. I killed all the cultists too. On teh last one the screen went red and trippy and Boethia started talking.

Are you saying that the sacrifice had to be a cultist?

I assumed any follower would do. I plan to find Stenvar in Windhelm. Pay him to follow, sacrifice him, and get my cash back.

When I killed them the screen went trippy red. It wouldn't go back to normal. I had to go back to an old save file. Redid the quest and have tried taking 3 different people up there.

I understand, and I have enough money to buy a few homes. Our marriage just isn't working out... maybe its all the stress from being dragonborn or I think she might be cheating on me...;)

When I killed them the screen went trippy red. It wouldn't go back to normal. I had to go back to an old save file. Redid the quest and have tried taking 3 different people up there.

Ahhh. I think yours glitched then.

The last cultists is a "conduit" for Boethia. You kill it and the screen goes trippy red, her figure appears in the center and she tells you to get a follower, take em' up the hill, and slaughter....

GilaMinumBeer said:
Ahhh. I think yours glitched then.

The last cultists is a "conduit" for Boethia. You kill it and the screen goes trippy red, her figure appears in the center and she tells you to get a follower, take em' up the hill, and slaughter....

Yup I have done the quest on a different character by accident. Maybe I will kill my new house Carl and see if that works.

For some reason I am unable to use the shout "elemental fury" its really frustrating because I dual wield daggers... to make it worse, I can't read on the screen why I cant cast it because of TV... anyone else have this problem that can tell me what the game is trying to tell me?

Back