Hoppy Good Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anemic

Reaction score
In order to deal with the somber meaning of Good Friday, I am enjoying the amazing weather and pretend working and doing two boils before church this evening.

I have been unable to get to the April 22 boil>primary GF Lager sooner, so it's still in Primary. However, I was able to take advantage of some perfect garage lagering weather and I'm non-plussed.

Today I shall rack it to secondary, and leave it indoors in my 55f room till it gets colder out then garage lager it again. I plan to rack today's GF lager wort onto the cake along with the 1.5# of honey which I boiled last time.

Then I need to get some more Flowergarden going. I should have done that long ago. I've had to slow way down on draining those!! I don't want to run out. I might rush the next batch to see what happens. I have a hunch that it doesn't benefit from a lot of aging and extra conditioning so it might be a quick beer (from boil to draining the bottle). The sour increased over time on this one, it was better and more complex when it was younger.

What are you doing today or this weekend, homebrewers?

Cheers!

I'd LIKE to be putting my 5 gallons of apfelwein in bottles, but I broke my hydrometer, so I can't take a final specific gravity reading. The hydrometer IS on order.

The rest of Easter Weekend: rehearse with brass tomorrow; play organ/direct choir/direct handbell choir/lead congregation in two festival services on Sunday morning.

Then, warm the WHOLE ham in the Weber grill for a late lunch!

glenn514:mug:

I'll be adding a 3rd dry hop addition to my GF double IPA and bottling the 1 gallon test of the double IPA that I didn't dry hop...Next weekend though, bottling the Double IPA and brewing up DFH Blood Orange Hefe gluten free of course

Seems like a good thread to repost this:

Our lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed be thy drink.
Thy will be drunk,
(I will be drunk),
At home as in the tavern.
Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.
And lead us not to incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.
For thine is the beer, The bitter and The lager.
Forever and ever,

Barmen

Back