Where to have cheap labels made..fast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny_P

Reaction score
So I'm behind a bit on getting labels made for my sister's "homeymoon ale"

They'll be simple. We're just doing a pic of their cake topper and the name of the brew that my wife will design.

Where should I go to have them printed? Does anyone have any good experiences with specific companies?

I just print mine on Brochure Paper, with an inkjet printer set to "best" quality - spray them with 2 coats of krylon clear, cut them out, and glue-stick them to the bottles.

Unless you want 10,000 labels, I can't help. I work at a label printer, but we don't do short runs right now. I'd try looking around on google, or DIY.

You can print at home, and then milk the labels to the bottle. If you're printer isn't working (or you don't have one) then Kinkos, Staples, and Office Max all offer free printing. They'll even do color laser printing for a few cents extra, which will feel nicer than B & W.

Kinkos is pretty cheap, like 50 cents per sheet, although I already had label paper and design. Their suggestions are good.

oh, and it needs to be ready for the 6th of July.

A month is actually plenty of time. I use a printer that can turnaround a few thousand copies of an 8 page brochure within a week, I think you can get a few hundred (or less) labels produced before July.

Got a color printer at work? I print mine off in sheets of 8 and cut them up then stick them on with milk. They actually look really good. We have a pretty decent photo quality color laser printer is all. And no fancy paper either. Standard office stock.

I used to work at a copy shop back in college. We could do a great job of full color 8 1/2x11 sheets while you wait, then just cut them up. We had both white and transparent labels that would stick right to the bottle.

I am sure any Kinkos, Office Max, Staples, etc. could get you set up in under an hour.

Back