Help please with printing labels.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grim_Ale

Reaction score
Ok, sadly I only have microsoft office 2003. However, it will work with Avery labels.

I went to the website posted in the sticky and made myself a simple logo. Now im like the other guy and I can only print one logo at a time on 1 sheet of paper.

How do I re-size the labels/put more than one on a piece of paper.

Im not very computer savvy and a brief tutorial would be helpful.

Even when I click on envelopes and labels it pops up with a small window with lil lines for writing address' and stuff.

Please help.

I don't have Word, but I helped my mom with some labels once and I remember there being a button which will replicate the label as many times as it can fit on the page. I believe its somewhere in the envelopes/labels window. Sorry I can't help more, hopefully someone knows exactly.

I'm not sure what its called in the world of Microsoft, but in the printing world, this is called "step and repeat". If you can't find a template, here are some easy steps.

What you are going to do is space out your logo all over the page in the same layout as your perfed avery stock. It might be easier to draw a bunch of text boxes in the dimensions of the label. Then, paste your logo in each text box. Center the logo however you want it on the label.

I'm on a Mac at work, so I can't give an exact tutorial right now. When I get home, I could figure out a better explanation.

Save the logo as an image in GIF, JPG or TIF format.

Open Word, select Tools, select Letters and Mailings. Select Envelopes and Labels from the dropdown.

In the E&L dialog box, select the Labels tab. Click the Options button.

In this dialog, select the type of Avery label you desire. I like 8164, because it comes in a 6-up sheet, each label well-sized for a 12-oz beer bottle. Once you've selected, click OK.

Back in the E&L dialog box, click New Document.

That sets up a template in which you can insert your saved label graphic into the appropriate table cells.

Not the best method, but I've used it in the past for quick-n-dirty labels. Bear in mind the Avery labels are a ***** to remove from bottles. Just sayin'.

Good luck!

Bob

If you're in word you can just insert a table with transparent borders. Copy and paste in each table sqare.

Back