Wall wart replacement with something Din mounted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy,

At the time I build my panel was looking for a way to get some 5vdc power into my panel and i wasn't sure i wanted to use the doorbell transformer to adjustable power supply like the Kal box. I ended up just cheating and installing a installing a ac power plug and using a "wall wort" that plugged into it to provide 5vdc @ 1500 milli amps. The 5vdc just had to power 4 ssrs and my amp meter panel display.

Well the wall wort died and now im thinking since it has to be replaced i would like a bit better solution. I would like to out the outlet/wall wort and put in some din rail and have a nice din mounted solution thats not as kludgy.

I looked at one on Automation Direct but 12w and 2.4 amps seems way overkill. I didnt really see much smaller then that.

Anyone have another idea or see any issues w/ that in regards those specs using ssrs and the standard blue chinese amp panel?

Thanks,

~jake

Last edited by a moderator:
Digikey and mouser have a bunch of AC-DC modular power supplies. You should be able to find a cheap one for the voltage and power requirements that you are looking for. should be easy to mount the PCB to your case with standoffs. That's where I would look for one.

Back