Ever put beer in washing machine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
I was washing my work clothes for tommorow and thought it would be a cool idea to try and put some of the ipa i was drinking into it to see if I could get it too smell like hops. anyone ever try anything simillar?

Dang. I thought this was going to be about an impromptu fermentation vessel.

SF4381.jpg

I don't think you could pull it off in the washing machine, but dry hopping in the drier would probably work pretty well. Pack the hops into a pair of pantyhose so that you don't get little bits of leaf/resin all over your clothes.

yeah i didn't add much and dilluted it with soap but still. I think having clothes that smelled hoppy would be awesome and might mask some unpleasant odors

You need an equal mix of ipa and fabric softener to get a nice hop aroma. You probably won't read this as you are already passed out by now...

If you really want to have your clothes smell like hops, take a muslin bag and put some hops in it to make a sachet, then put that in your desser drawer. My wife does the same thing with lavender from our flowerbeds.

Go with half a beer in the washer, and the other half in your shampoo. But don't use cold beer as it inhibits the Street Person smell.:D

Just think, we could get rich by selling

Hop Dryer Sheets
Hop Cologne
Hop Deodorant
Essential Oil of Hop / Hop Incense
Hop Breath Fresheners / Mints

well hops are in the same plant family as marijuana, right? and people make clothes out of hemp, right? maybe you could skip trying to make your clothes smell like hops and instead actually make clothes from the hops itself in the same way? :p

Oh christ. This thread is FUNNY.

Why not use NO soap to wash your pants next time, let the washer get to the rinse cycle, pour in 4 gallons of wort and a packet of dry yeast. Ferment the **** out of your pants, rack the beer off into a secondary washing machine, dry the pants on GENTLE DRY. Wear as usual.

I just drink IPA until the sweat from my pores has enough aroma hops in it.

Seriously though, I think putting beer in the washer would do nothing but waste perfectly good beer. Its just gonna go down the drain, and thats alcohol abuse! I think hops in the dryer would do wonders for the hop aroma you desire. That or hang your clothes to dry on a hop vine.

hops_5.jpg

This guy makes all of his clothes smell like hops. If you want to do the same you might have to up the amount of hops in your washer.

Just looking at my Toms of Maine deodorant and on the front label it says improved with hops! When i saw that i was reminded of this thread...lol

contains hop extract to inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria

Sometimes I like to FWH. I'll throw an ounce or so of Centennial into my washing water while its filling for normal soil, for heavy soil loads, I'll use an ounce of Chinook .

Now the delicate cycle, that's a whole different ball game.

Back