Shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnurse

Reaction score
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone has ever sent people some of their tasty home brews thru the mail? I was thinking of sending my family some on the east coast, and was unsure of how to ship it. Anyone have any ideas?

I just sent about four bottles to the Northeast. shipping was a little steep, about $10 if I remember correctly, but otherwise no issues. I was never asked what was in it other than whether or not it was perishable or liquid. I said "yes, liquid", and the USPS employee left it at that, to my surprise. If he had asked, I was ready to tell him it was "live yeast samples" as the other thread suggests.

I also wrapped each bottle up real well in bubble wrap and newspaper and made sure the box was filled up completely, so there was no extra space for the bottles to jostle around. Got there all in one piece!:mug:

Perfect! That's what I was thinking.I will start training myself now.........."What? Oh It's live yeast samples. Ya that's it!"

Thanks guys!

smg8041 said:
Perfect! That's what I was thinking.I will start training myself now.........."What? Oh It's live yeast samples. Ya that's it!"

Thanks guys!
"Live yeast samples for analysis"...also put "Deliver directly to the Research Lab" or something like it somewhere on the label...:D

l"ive yeast samples"... I'll have to remember that one. I should be recieving my first bottle of Dogfish 120 minute tomorrow in the mail. Finally found some bottles that had to be shipped in from Virginia. My buddy was sending it to me and he didn't know how to go about sending it. Its definatly i llegal in Pennsylvania. I guess mailing tubes designed for posters works well for sending bottles..

Latest posts

Back