Bottled my first batch tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIT_MAN

Reaction score
I'm stoked. I just bottled 48 Pilsners tonight. I had about 3 or 4 beers left over in my bottling bucket. I need to pay more attention to when I brewing my wort next time so I don't dilute the beer as much. I tried a little cup of my brew and it tasted a little watery but wasn't too bad. I'm just happy so far that I didn't completely mess it up the first time. I can't wait to drink one. How long do you all recommend for a pilsner to condition in the bottle?

Try and be patient. 3 weeks before you even try one. I know its hard.

I try one immediately after brewing...you get a sense of what the final beer will taste like, then one every week until about 3 or 4 weeks after, then it really starts to taste yummy!

I try one immediately after brewing...you get a sense of what the final beer will taste like, then one every week until about 3 or 4 weeks after, then it really starts to taste yummy!

I'll be honest I would have to force myself to finish a whole beer after sampling what I had. For one it wasn't that cold. 2) It was flat as can get out 3) It was a little watered down tasting.

I've noticed the watered down taste pre-carbonation. I bet you won't notice it after proper conditioning and carbonating. You didn't bottle the last 3-4 bottles worth?

I tasted my beer before bottling....

It was like finding an old leftover beer in the morning - open and half drunk - and drinking it... warm and flat, and watery - like 25 cent draft night at the pub.

Back