Chinook

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeordye11

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good beer that showcases the Chinook hop? Preferably an IPA, but any beer would do I suppose. Cheers!

You had to go and reply with a Stone brew that I cannot get here in NC. Makes me miss NY... :(

I'm pretty sure Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale uses a good deal of Chinook for bittering. Most of the clone recipes I've seen for it use Chinook. Though good luck still finding it on the shelves.

My own "5 Count IPA" homebrew uses Chinook, Centennial, Cascade. Its damn good if I do say so myself and actually is pretty close to Celebration Ale, even though I wasn't really going for a clone. Just made an IPA to my own tastes and it ends up in that area.

i made a blonde ale once using two ounces of chinook, one at 60 and the other at 20/25, and it was delicious. This reaaly let the chinook come out, it was one of the best beers ive made to date.

skeeordye11 said:
You had to go and reply with a Stone brew that I cannot get here in NC. Makes me miss NY... :(

Have you been to (or called) the "Pretty Good Beer Store" on Weaver Dairy Road in Chapel Hill? No offense.

Back