Portland Oregon Holiday Ale Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"warm & dry"? It's snowing down here!

I think I'll stay home and I have GVB Tannen Bomb, SN Celebration and Bridgeport Ebeneezer. That should do it, but I also have some Black Panther Stout.

It was a nice event in covered tents it was already getting crowded at 3:00 when I left. I had some interesting brews which is always my goal when I got to events like this. I like to sample things I wouldn't normally by or you don't usually find at the store.

My list of brews were:
Karlsson Brewing Co
St. Nicks Sock Knocker it is a Barrel Aged Strong Scotch Ale 8.5%
A very tasty brew very caramel tasting with a stong oak and buttery aftertaste.

Mad River Brewing Co
John Barleycorn it is a Barleywine 10.8%
Another very good brew with vanilla, caramel, and maple flavors. A sweet brew with great taste.

Nikasi Brewing Co
Otis it is an Oatmeal Stout 7.5%
Thick and tasty, this was my first oatmeal stout it definitely won't be my last. Its smoky roasted flavor was is very good.

Fearless Brewing Co
Fearless Strong Scotch Ale it is obviously a Strong Scotch Ale 8.5%
It was very sweet tasting with a nutty caramel taste, also a very smooth brew.

Cascade Brewing Co
Barrel Select Baltic Porter also obviously a Baltic Porter 9%
This one didn't rate to well with me it was suppose to have toffee flavors but I got blue cheese tastes out of it. Not what I would like to get out of a brew. They call for vanilla, toffee, and coffee but the glass I tasted didn't have any of these flavors.

It was a very good event I wish I would have had more time and a designated driver.

Back