Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe 3

Giant_Beer_Glass_1_.jpg

me and that hobbit should do reviews together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy, ya beat me to it. I was gunna say that looked like a new definition of huffin'! Smells like butt-hole? Butthole Surfer ale,...can ya do that? :rockin:

Brought a single Citra hopped Pale Ale on to the course to start my golf round yesterday.
I let one of the guys in my foursome take a sip.
He complained that it was "too spicey", And "kind of flat".
For the record it was not as cold as I had wanted, but it was malty and hints of citra and worked for me.
I accepted the criticism
His response-"I look a good tasting American Beer like a coors light".
ME-"the good thing about beer is that there is one out there for everyone."

The conversation continued as I mentioned this is one of my "lighter beers" and I usually make IPA's, "What is an IPA"? was his response.
"um....you see....its.....well.....you know what, it is strong tasty beer, for men"!
" I have never heard of an IPA, but I dont drink much". This is false since he is in the bar drinking every week after a round, but it is usually bud or coors.

This guy proceeded to have 2 coors lights and started acting very tipsy and schmucky!
Dont think I will waste sharing any beer with this guy again!

While doing research today on Migraines and there tiggers I came across a thread relating to alcohol and certain types being triggers. For many years I shy'd away from IPA's and IIPA's because the very hoppy ones would sometimes trigger issues for me. So of course I grew interested as I read the thread and saw more and more people saying beer was a trigger for them. I then came across a fellow who labeled himself as a beer snob and stated that he can only drink Heineken, Corona, Guinness, and Becks because it seems that the more premium beers don't cause the problem for him. He then added that something American beer companies do during their brewing process must be the cause.

I wanted to smack him for thinking 3/4 of the beers in his list were premium and then I felt sorry for him wondering where he must live that all he has to choose from are beers that make those seem like premium.:(

I've got a buddy who keep telling me that IPAs are great for aging... Please tell me this is wrong, because the HBT school of thought has lead me to the conclusion that this is not correct...? Just checking up

While doing research today on Migraines and there tiggers I came across a thread relating to alcohol and certain types being triggers. For many years I shy'd away from IPA's and IIPA's because the very hoppy ones would sometimes trigger issues for me. So of course I grew interested as I read the thread and saw more and more people saying beer was a trigger for them. I then came across a fellow who labeled himself as a beer snob and stated that he can only drink Heineken, Corona, Guinness, and Becks because it seems that the more premium beers don't cause the problem for him. He then added that something American beer companies do during their brewing process must be the cause.

I wanted to smack him for thinking 3/4 of the beers in his list were premium and then I felt sorry for him wondering where he must live that all he has to choose from are beers that make those seem like premium.:(

Have you looked at cluster headaches, classed with migraines because of severity. Affectionately nick named suicide headaches. For 24 years my main triggers were MSG, citrus, and champagne yeast.

Have you looked at cluster headaches, classed with migraines because of severity. Affectionately nick named suicide headaches. For 24 years my main triggers were MSG, citrus, and champagne yeast.

Yep, they are nothing to joke about. I feel your pain. For me it seems to be just general inflammation due to spring time allergies that brings them on but holy hell batman, they lay me out in pain.

I'm aging very well, thank you very much. Still play soccer twice a week! I attribute much of this to beer and I drink a fair amount of IPA. So yes, IPA is good for aging !!

May be just beer in general in that case... my 80 year old grandmother still goes through a case of Red Dog a week.

I know.... I know....

If you put up a stink about it (especially at happy hour, nothing big, just put it out there to your waiter), you'll generally get the domestic price. The key line is to say "why do I feel like I'm being ripped off? should we go?" at just the right tone, at just the right level.

How dare you pay import prices for domestic....

\:tank:

I really like how they almost alternated them. Took effort. Also Shiner mahouts be an import if you ain't from Texas. Just 'cuz.

Silly me, I thought migraines were caused by my wife and kids! :mug:

I thought this should go here even though I read it and didn't over hear it.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/05/millercoors-sued-for-marketing-blue-moon-as-craft.html

I think it is kinda misleading that they don't have their name on the package or website. I didn't realize it wasn't a craft beer until I read something about it. I don't care who makes it, I just think an informed consumer is a better one. I don't drink it anymore anyway, but not because millercoors makes it. Wheat beers now give me heartburn for some reason.

Do all subsidiaries have to say on the label who their parent company is?

I'm sore, tired & hungry after a long brew day. Beer & bourbon only helps so much. Gotta wait 6 more minutes on the rehydrate & take a hydrometer sample before pitching.

I got a OG of 1.056 against estimate of 1.059. Darn spilled wort. I had to slip on leg gone to sleep & some ice.

You're on the wrong thread. Which is funny because you're posting about how tired you are, which is, then, something funny about beer!

Back