The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can look but you can't touch. I mean, I really don't care if you like to go grabbing some random, chubby guys titties but I like women. Not that there is anything wrong with your particular fetish, it's just not one I want to be a part of.

You gonna work on getting Gila to come?

You can look but you can't touch. I mean, I really don't care if you like to go grabbing some random, chubby guys titties but I like women. Not that there is anything wrong with your particular fetish, it's just not one I want to be a part of.

You gonna work on getting Gila to come?

Wait, you don't look like your avatar?

As far as Gila coming, um, I like women.

Sheck,
I just noticed that you have almost 24 and a half f'ing THOUSAND posts. WTF, Brother?

How has your boss not caught on to this yet? Ya, I get it. You're a "Sports Reporter." By definition you don't do jack, you get free ducats to all the games that the rest of us would give a kidney for, and your 'short arm disease' has kept you from picking up a check in 12 years but I mean WTF????? 25 K worth of worthless drivel on HBT??????? (Sure most of it is in the Tap Room and in a way that makes it worse. How do you keep up with all of the absurdity that goes on in there.)

You are such a perfect Masstoberfest participant that it's almost frightening.
Underemployed, overpaid, sports and beer focused guy who spends more time writing about brewing than actually brewing.

You are my doppelganger. I just have a nicer rack.

PTN

Sheck,
I just noticed that you have almost 24 and a half f'ing THOUSAND posts. WTF, Brother?

How has your boss not caught on to this yet? Ya, I get it. You're a "Sports Reporter." By definition you don't do jack, you get free ducats to all the games that the rest of us would give a kidney for, and your 'short arm disease' has kept you from picking up a check in 12 years but I mean WTF????? 25 K worth of worthless drivel on HBT??????? (Sure most of it is in the Tap Room and in a way that makes it worse. How do you keep up with all of the absurdity that goes on in there.)

Underemployed, overpaid, sports and beer focused guy who spends more time writing about brewing than actually brewing.

PTN

I can argue only with the 'overpaid' part. It's why I married a lawyer.

Sheck,

PTN

Holy ****, dude. Look at this.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=88425

HOW THE **** DO YOU POST NINETEEN THOUSAND TIMES IN A THREAD OF DRIVEL?

I need to go delete my eight responses in that thread so it stops showing up under "My Replies"

NINETEEN THOUSAND TIMES? Holy ****ing ****.

One mans drivel is another mans Euclidian Geometry.

Who am I kidding? Even the trolls that live under the floorboards of the Tap Room know they are engaged in collective mental masterbation.

Hey Ed, didn't you pull a Duran-like "No Mas" walk away from TTR a few years ago? Guess you came out of retirement, eh?

"Dude, we're gettin' the band back together! "

Holy ****, dude. Look at this.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=88425

HOW THE **** DO YOU POST NINETEEN THOUSAND TIMES IN A THREAD OF DRIVEL?

I need to go delete my eight responses in that thread so it stops showing up under "My Replies"

NINETEEN THOUSAND TIMES? Holy ****ing ****.
Be nice, now. And it hasn't shown up under "My Replies" since it went behind the wall, so stop exaggerrating. :p

One mans drivel is another mans Euclidian Geometry.

Who am I kidding? Even the trolls that live under the floorboards of the Tap Room know they are engaged in collective mental masterbation.

Hey Ed, didn't you pull a Duran-like "No Mas" walk away from TTR a few years ago? Guess you came out of retirement, eh?

"Dude, we're gettin' the band back together! "
Apparently I have no life, which is odd because I really do.

No, really, I do.

(yawn). I am not a 100% lock. We'll see. I just had 125 people, 29 kegs on tap and 300 lbs of meat at my place so.... For some reason, 22 people standing in Paul's driveway watching him and Dakota brew??? Ehhhhh. I might have serious laundry to fold that day.

For the first time in 11 years, I have to admit it, my pig didn't come out of the ground absolutely killer. That said, its still better than the piglet pork jerky Paul tries to pass off as edible at this event.

Hallelujah!!

That laundry pile is out of control. You are right, you really should stay home and attend to it.

Bird, please don't encourage him to come, he might. He hasn't been able to scrub off the stink of BBQ failure since July, he's trying to put the bad juju on Bertha.

1) wtf am I pouting over? The pig wasn't nearly up to standards but overall the whole day was a blast. That and the pig was actually no where near as bad as Paulie is making it out (shocker). Given that PTN has the patience of a phkin' severe ADHD-afflicted four year old on xmas morning, he rushed in and grabbed the first piece of pork that saw sunlight coming out of the pit.... And the outter layers were way overcooked. The inner layers weren't remotely as bad and were actually pretty solid but your boy never noticed that. He was too busy lubing up and ranting about how the world was coming to an end. The real unfortunate fact was there were alot of people there that didn't know Paul, so when Paul, in all his grand wisdom, yanked of the layer of overcooked meat and handed it to people... They didnt know any better. Luckily there were still a fair number of folks who knew what they were doing and never left the hog's side. So when the amatuer hour was over, we picked away at the good stuff. Again, still not up to my standards but better than what our dear blowhard is making it out to be.

2) dont have the Hummer any more. Traded in.

3) i have the Homebrew Jamboree the previous weekend and Babalu's golf tourny the following weekend, then Pats games start... And at some would enjoy some time with the Capelings during the month of Sept.

4). I've already seen Paul stick a sparge brutally... How much fun would it be a se ond time???

We don't cape to ***** and moan at Pauls event. If he does show up please god let him have a shirt on! Capes event was good but when there's a glass boot to be win any one will show up. Paul get a glass trophy and they will come.

Poking the bear...

Das Boot is a cool trophy and it has a certain panache about it. I wouldn't dream of belittling it.

That said, I think I've gone one better.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce "The PTN Cup."

It will be awarded at this and every subsequent Masstoberfest to the attendee who best exemplifies the spirit of homebrewing. Everyone in attendance at Masstoberfest will get a vote.

1314043433.jpg

Don't ask me exactly what I mean about the spirit of homebrewing, I'm making this up as I go along. I'll come up with something by the time the party gets here. But there she is, ain't she a beauty?

PTN

WTF? Did you go to Home Depot and spend $50 on chimney fittings? You going to scratch in the winner's name with a rusty nail or something?

Can you at least drink out of it?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry, it's a wonderful trophy. Look how it gleams in the sunlight! Anybody would be PROUD to win that wonderful prize.

You're not making a good case for me spending a good sized chunk of cash to fly across the country to win that? :eek:

C'mon, it IS a pretty sweet prize. And when you get it back home, you can take it apart and bring the pieces back to Depot for $50 in store credit. Paulie, make sure you don't take off the UPC labels!

2) dont have the Hummer any more. Traded in.

That the one I saw on the lot in South Attleboro?

3) i have the Homebrew Jamboree the previous weekend and Babalu's golf tourny the following weekend, then Pats games start... And at some would enjoy some time with the Capelings during the month of Sept.

Among the many good reasons to duck out of this clusterfluck

4). I've already seen Paul stick a sparge brutally... How much fun would it be a se ond time???

Really, I don't want to see (or think of) him sticking anything

Back