What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391901226.302584.jpg pic

Right now I'm drinking the most delicious stout I've ever had in my life. There's a relatively new microbrewery down the road called the Breaker Brewery that I stopped at for the first time last night. They have a tasting room with eight of their beers on tap. They don't yet have the license to sell for consumption on premises, but they can give away samples, and you can buy growlers that are filled from the tap.

DSC_0660-XL.jpg

Yum yum yummy!

My girl hates beer but is very anxious to try a batch I made. In about 10 days we will see if it's labeled his or hers lol

This one's about a year in bottles now. Still just meh as far as I'm concerned, but different strokes...

Knee deep in SanTan's HopShock tonight. Heading up to the Staff Club later and the only craft style beer they have is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Working on that with the managers though...Cheers folks!!

Seltzer water. Went to a "jam-beer-ee" of a number of DC area homebrew clubs. Drank a good bunch of good homebrew, and a few brews from the brewpub that was hosting us. So probably taking it easy for the rest of the night.

Seltzer water. Went to a "jam-beer-ee" of a number of DC area homebrew clubs. Drank a good bunch of good homebrew, and a few brews from the brewpub that was hosting us. So probably taking it easy for the rest of the night.

Uh huh, sure you will.

Happy Birthday Nick!!!

Awesome. I didn't know about that when it was time to donate then it was too late for me when I saw FB about letting others come by. I was sitting at Apex Dispensary getting a couple 10 ounce pours of Hopslam before the keg was kicked. I can now stop chasing it here. I hadn't eaten yet that day and it was about 7 when I left. I needed food bad before I was in no condition to drive. :(

I still have my growler unopened of the Blonde. I think I'll probably open that tonight. I should be able to kill 4 pints. If not, someone should come take my beer away. :D

Is your brother up here from Wilmington? You should ask him to join you in the big brew.

I'm drinking coffee. Or was. I am out. :( Also water...because I was reminded that eating a cheeseburger and drinking a bunch of beer on an empty stomach is a bit tough on this old lady's tummy. :eek:
I'm in Wilmington...driving back tomorrow. Trying to shuck oysters. Should have gone out!

Flying through the Real Ales tonight splattsmier. Last one of the night. Can't blow through em all at once. This one is my favorite of the three I've had so far. I think a Ten Fidy is in order next.

1391905516401.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391907133.509823.jpg
Gettin fancy tonight. Wanted the dregs, kind of a let down from what I remember and compared to my better sour beers.

The greatest soda ever. Trying to decide what to drink next. A box o' beer from Wes was delivered today but the office closed before I could grab it. DAMMIT!

Dude, that sucks! Do you have to wait till Monday to get it now?

Wife suggested we go to my favorite restaurant for dinner. I told her it wasn't a good place to go with the kids. So, she said our regular babysitter was working at a kids gymnastics place where you drop off your kids, they feed them pizza, and you pick them up at 8:00pm. I was stoked to go to my steak joint. We pulled into the place and were told it was an hour wait...no way we could eat there and be back for the kids at 8:00 pm. So, I suggested we get a drink there before going elsewhere for dinner because they have Lagunitas IPA on tap. Don't know what is in their Lagunitas tap right now but it sure as hell isn't IPA.

Short version = I had a sh!tty drink, ate a coney dog at some dive and am home at 8:30 needing a drink. What should I have? What a broken night.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391909848.224517.jpg
New Holland Rye Hatter. I'm a fan if any beer featuring rye malt and this is a good Rye IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Heh... I am continuing. Want to kill at least one of the patersbier kegs I brought. The venue was nice.... If a bit noisy. Hope we all get together again next year.

Third pour after returning from the meeting.

1391911683177.jpg

Homebrew Oatmeal Chocolate Stout. It tastes great but when I pour it it has a nice thick head that dissipates almost immediately. What causes this and how can I rectify it for the future?

Back