Anyone brewing on fathers day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LambChop4Prez

Reaction score
Here in the states its fathers day, so I figured Ill bring some of my equipment home and brew a half batch IPA with my dad. I've always found homebrewing to be a great male bonding experience. Just wondering if anyone else made any sort of plans like this for fathers day?

I am going to try and do 2 batches (Two Hearted Ale Clone and a House Brown Ale). :mug:

Invite my dad over, drink a couple homebrews and enjoy the day. Can't wait!

Plan on brewing the Green Flash IPA clone tomorrow after a "Father's Day Brunch" with friends. I've had my starter going for 4 days now. Stoked.

Our get together is delayed till next weekend being that we live in different cities, but we will be brewing a batch of IPA. First time brewing together, hopefully it will be fun. Maybe we'll catch a break and get some rain, 100 degree heat + a banjo burner in the garage makes the experience not as pleasant as it possibly could be.

I'm going to brew up a IIPA and a hoppy american wheat tomorrow. It's a good opportunity to burn through some of my older hops. Already have my grain crushed and hops weighed out. So whenever I wake up I'll be heading to the garage to start filling the HLT

Since my dad is 2000 miles away I'll be calling him while I'm doing it.

Just about to get started on another American Pale Ale. I have been trying different hop combinations and this time, it will be Bullion for bittering, Amarillo for flavor, and Mt. Hood for aroma.

Belgian Pale Ale almost at a boil and then an amber ale. The amber is Ed's Haus Pale Ale with 1 pound of crystal 120 in place of the 1/2 pound of crystal 10 and a little hoppier.

This is all I asked for Father's Day, and I got it. Lucky me :mug:!

I just finished sanitizing my carboy. We'll brew an oatmeal stout today. I've been having a hard time letting my homebrews sit longer enough fully bottle condition. I figure brewing an oatmeal stout in summer will insure that it bottle conditions for a good 2 months. Or maybe not.

Brewing "Lynne Marie Snickett, v2.0", a lower-alcohol pale Belgian my wife likes. It comes in at around 3.5%.

Not brewing but I bottled an Apfelwein that was sitting in the fermenter since 4/18.

For me, Scotch Ale (I just put the fermenter in the basement). My second home brew and first attempt at grain steeping. All went well, although some Irish whiskey dripped into the wort from the airlock as I was checking for leaks. No harm done, I suppose. But as a newbie I'm always paranoid about contamination.

Now I'll crack open a Great Lakes Baltic Porter and watch my 3 years old play in the sprinkler.

Not brewing but going to rack some cider and throw another batch on top of the cake. Lazy day for me. More into cooking (and drinking) than brewing I guess.

Pottsville Common from my dropdown is boiling away. Made a few changes that should get it a bit closer to what I was originally shooting for. Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

Belgian wit (Blue Moon Clone?) is boiling, will start an Alt shortly. I have the house to myself for fathers day..Glorious!:ban:

Brewed a 5 gallon chocolate porter, and had beer tastings with friends. It was awesome.

It went as well as I could expect for what is probably my 5th AG brew.
Two minor issues - my cordless drill batteries were unable to help me grind my grain; fortunately, the Barley Crusher has a hand crank.
When I went to chill the wort, I had a little drip on one of the hoses. Trying to tighten it up, it just got worse. So, I went to get another hose washer. The replacement was a different thickness, but I put it in anyway and turned on the water. Walked back around the corner, and water was spraying everywhere.
Turned it off as quickly as I could, but I am sure some water splashed in there. Oh, well.
Pitched my PacMan starter and it took off. We'll see, I guess.

Back