Woman Gets Beer From Kitchen Faucet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
OSLO, Norway (AP) -- It almost seemed like a miracle to Haldis Gundersen when she turned on her kitchen faucet this weekend and found the water had turned into beer.
Two flights down, employees and customers at the Big Tower Bar were horrified when water poured out of the beer taps...

Actual news story in our local daily. For more on this, here is the link:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BEER_ON_TAP?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Wonder what kind of beer it was?

mmditter said:
Wonder what kind of beer it was?

free

-walker

edit: this makes me wonder... if this happened in the US and someone hooked the water to the budweiser line and the budweiser to the water line.... would anyone notice?

Imperial Walker said:
free

-walker

edit: this makes me wonder... if this happened in the US and someone hooked the water to the budweiser line and the budweiser to the water line.... would anyone notice?

They'd probably wonder why the urinal was hooked to the faucet.

Considering the price of alcohol in Scandinavia, that's liquid gold! ;)

I like the way she thinks, though:

"Ms Gundersen bore no grudge. "If it happens again, I'm going to order Baileys," she said."

(That's from the BBC version of the article. Just a wee bit different.)

Yeah - they said on the news this morning that beer in a pub there will run eight bucks a pint. My first thought was, brewing your own makes powerful economic sense in Norway. That's kind of a lot.

Back