Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recipe claerly states to drink a gallon of water or some such thing before going to bed to prevent a hangover. Lol

SWMBO Loves it too!!! (Panty peeler :)???)
I was really making so the guests over Thanksgiving could have some. I would be surprised if it makes it to Thursday at this point.

That Apfelwein is great stuff. I completly understand where you are coming from on that note.

here is how it goes

1st, Tasting pretty damn good
2nd Very Smooth and refreshing, also Delicate
3rd Going down even smoother
4th Having problem locating the bottle going by smell now still tastes great when I find it
5th T@573 Gr3at.. #$%#@ 1/\/\ 0ff 70 B3D (Translation Tastes Great insert your fav swear here... I am off to bed

MORNING

OOOOOOUUUUUUUCCHHH!

Chris_Dog said:
SWMBO picked up white house apple juice from concentrate. Will this be alright to use?

I guess so if it is 100% apple juice. Be sure to let it come to room temp before you add any yeast though. It might take a day depending on the temp of your tap water.

I bought us a bottle of commercial (German-made) apfelwein yesterday. It smelled of a spontaniously fermented beer, and tasted very bland and watery. Not a rewarding combo. It was only 5.5%, so I guess it wasn't a huge surprise. Total waste of cash.

I'm going to have to look into the real recipe soon.

Will it still clear if it is made with apple cider?
I found a deal on 100% cider and mixed it up, its acting just like the stuff made with juice at 3 weeks.

Yeah, I need to try this too. Is the recipe on the first post still good? Don't want to dig through the 250 pages of that thread. :drunk:

Back