Real Life Dilemna of Epically Minor Proportions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Every day it seem I get involved in another situation that I am forced to play and replay a few times. Did I do the right thing? What would I do next time? Would others have reacted the same way?

Last night, it was, not surprisingly, train related. On the Q, heading home when the 16 year old girl sitting next to me falls asleep, and slumps over with her head on my shoulder.

Hmmm... what to do? Roughly waking her would be kind of rude, after all she did nothing malicious or intentional... but I can't just sit there like pedobear with a random 16 year old on my shoulder. So I ever so gently slid my shoulder out from under her (others witnessed this). Freedom!

She didnt wake up... inertia sent her sliding sideways towards the floor. So, in an effort to keep her from clunking her head on the floor, I reached out and grabbed her hood. She yelped loudly. I turned bright red. She figured out what was going on and apologized. I still ran like Zoidberg to the next car... even considered getting off at the next (wrong) stop.

My wife, ever sympathetic, laughed at me.

*sigh* It will pass... until something dumb happens again...

The very fact that you're asking the question makes me not at all worried about you. Life is full of awkward situations; as such, the role of a gentleman is to make life a little less awkward for those around him.

You did good.

Also, don't forget to separate decisions from outcomes. You can make a good decision ex-ante with a bad outcome ex-post. Still a good decision.

I'd have just let her hit the floor, like the Andy Sandberg skit, "I threw it on the ground!!!!"..........Man......

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you got the hood. If it was me, in my panic I would probably have my hands in an inappropriate place, then get slapped silly!

I would have left her sleeping. Maybe slip a note in her pocket that says something like, "Did you enjoy sleeping with me?"

That will teach her to let her guard down on a NY train!

I'm tellin ya Homer, if you ever came to visit I promise I can show you New York at its absolute stupidest.

When I read the title, knew this would be another great CG post.

You handled the situation well enough. It's not like you saw her hanging off the side of the train platform and just took pictures.

Changing your name to Creepygoodness.

I am really creeped out that you didn't feel her up and take pics.

;)

Back