Munton's Extract Stats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpetrello

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm currently working on a free homebrew calculator, and I can't find ppg or L values for Munton's extract products anywhere (including their website).

Anybody have some recent, reliable information?

I know cooper's gives the #'s for the concentrated cans of malt. They give IBU,EBC or something like that on their site. I keep getting configuration error for the server...

For the color, you will have to convert from EBC to SRM.
For the PPG, Promash gives DME at46, and LME at37. BeerSmith puts the values at 44 (DME) and 36 (LME)

-a.

See, I wasn't even able to find EBC values, which is honestly the part I'm most curious about.

The SRM lines up with what I'd anticipated, though.

I'm not sure of the actual calculations, but the product description form my LHBS website states that Muntons Light:

"Our DME, provided exclusively by Munton-Fison, of Suffolk, England, is the finest dried malt extract in the world. These products are produced from 100% 2-row malted barley.

3 pounds of DME is roughly equivalent to 4 pounds of malt extract syrup.

Each pound of DME will increase alcohol by .8 percent. "

side note, related, does anyone know if Beer Alchemy has a setting to adjust the PPG for Extract? My OG readings are always way lower in real life than what BA calculates.

See, I wasn't even able to find EBC values, which is honestly the part I'm most curious about.

The SRM lines up with what I'd anticipated, though.

DME is DME (unless it's Muntons when it's called Spraymalt). They all yield the same PPG (44 - 46)
LME is LME, and they all yield the same PPG. (36 - 37)
There can be however a big difference in the fermentability of different extracts which will result in differences in the FG.

-a.

Back