You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your in the hardware section or housewares section of any store and all you see is brewing equipment and start planning your next build

Are you kidding? a tub of Oxyclean or PBW will be more than enough to get those kegs sparkling with no effort.

Now you have me wondering what type of syrup it really was I could not remove back in the summer. It all makes sense now why the guy let it go for free.

You know what beer has the least amount of adhesive holding on the labels and use that as a determining factor when deciding between which case of beer you actually want to buy.

chikincoop said:
You know what beer has the least amount of adhesive holding on the labels and use that as a determining factor when deciding between which case of beer you actually want to buy.

My man! I was thinking about putting together a collective list of the best bottles to use for bottling based on how good they were to drink and how easy it'd be to peel the labels off

When you read the following sentence:

MaxStout said:
On Thanksgiving, SWMBO and mother in law were in the kitchen, boiling a big pot of potatoes to later turn into mashed.

And you read it again six more times...
Because every time you do, you read it as:
"On thanksgiving, SWMBO and mother in law were in the kitchen, boiling a big pot of potatoes to *LAUTER TUN* into *MASH*"

My man! I was thinking about putting together a collective list of the best bottles to use for bottling based on how good they were to drink and how easy it'd be to peel the labels off

Boulevard or Sierra Nevada are both solid breweries and have easy glue when delabeling

finsfan said:
Boulevard or Sierra Nevada are both solid breweries and have easy glue when delabeling

I, for some reason, don't care much for the "chode" bottles like Abita, Allagash, and Sierra Nevada. No real reasoning behind that though. Anything soaked in oxy-clean and warm water overnight will come off. Dogfish Head is plentiful here and undress easily but you're left with a shark-branded bottle

When you've been brewing long enough to write a story about a guy's home brewing abilities saving him from a worse fate when the new world order takes over.

You like sci-fi & you've gotten good enough at brewing to combine the two. :ban::tank::ban:
I'm going to have to see if I can find that now. It sounds interesting. :)
I, for some reason, don't care much for the "chode" bottles like Abita, Allagash, and Sierra Nevada. No real reasoning behind that though. Anything soaked in oxy-clean and warm water overnight will come off. Dogfish Head is plentiful here and undress easily but you're left with a shark-branded bottle
Most labels yeah. There are some, like corona, where the label is actually fused to the bottle and doesn't come off short of a grinder though.

When you are both happy that your keg kicked so you can brew again, and sad that you're out of that brew now. :) :(

When you are both happy that your keg kicked so you can brew again, and sad that you're out of that brew now. :) :([/quote]

That is why 3 kegs is not enough should ALWAYS have 1 or 2 waiting in the wings;) Just like a well stocked kitchen you don't run out of what you need

DarthMalts said:
I prefer the stubbies. Can fit more in the fridge since it's got low clearance.

When you spend your free time determined to find a solution to a cheap easy DIY Sankey Keg fermentation conversion that doesn't cost $90

success! for only a few bucks I made it so I can not only ferment under pressure with my spunding valve, but I can also force transfer... I did a post on it here

The pressure test went so well, I am thinking about doing a modified version of the idea to make some of my many sankey kegs into ball locks.

When you spend your free time determined to find a solution to a cheap easy DIY Sankey Keg fermentation conversion that doesn't cost $90

success! for only a few bucks I made it so I can not only ferment under pressure with my spunding valve, but I can also force transfer... I did a post on it here

The pressure test went so well, I am thinking about doing a modified version of the idea to make some of my many sankey kegs into ball locks.

That link doesn't work on mobile.

when you pour a tester, then bottle, then realize you don't have enough bottles, but the tester was so good, you stick the bottle tip in your mouth and drink it down.

..when you can't relax on your day off until you get the mash temperature right

Get the brewzor calculator for android if u have one. Has a mash calculator that takes account for grain weight and temp, equipment, water volume and mash temp. I use it and hit my mash temp +/- 1 degree every time. Of course if I get lazy and miss my strike by a couple degrees I don't stress too much. Add a half quart of boiling water or a tray of ice and its good to go. :mug:

When your 5 year old daughter is using her birthday money to buy her daddy brewing supplies for Christmas or when were at the grocery stores and she asks , do they sell Zombie Dust here?

Someone trained their kid right right there. You should write a book on how to raise up your kids right!

When your out of town brother asks if you have given your newborn any brewing lessons yet

When you finish a diy project you designed and you're giddy like a school girl because it works better than expected.

Check and mate!

image_zps2a0e9f61.jpg

I can't wait to brew something and test it out... Good thing I bought the ingredients for 10gal of nut brown...

insanim8er said:
When you finish a diy project you designed and you're giddy like a school girl because it works better than expected. Check and mate! I can't wait to brew something and test it out... Good thing I bought the ingredients for 10gal of nut brown...
Is this for fermenting or dispensing

You know you're a true home brewer when,...
Your cell phone totally crashes after a software update. You lose all data, and you just go into the beer room, poor a beer, and you loose all desire to choke that b-tard's neck, that talked you into doing a total reset.

pb --- all is well with the force, ... ya I'm pissed, but I have homebrew to weather the storm! Before the brew, I wanted to choke out that person,... now It's just something to get over and deal with.

I'm calming with every glup.

When you get excited the waiter actually knows what the F they are talking about when it comes to beer!

Oh, and it didn't hurt she was a tall skinny blonde that was very easy on the eyes. Wife about shot me when she came back from the restroom...

When your one year old calms down and falls asleep listening to the brewing network

Or when your wife ask how you can enjoy brewing with all the work involved in it, and you reply because of the reward watching people try my hb

Back