The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had shandys (in a drunken/morning-after kind'a' stupor)
I've had plenty of things labeled carib-this, or sol-that.

I have never had sea-water-clam-piss mixed with v8 that has EVER had a label like either of those.

I'm going to the Extreme Beer Fest in Boston on Saturday, night session. If any of you misfits will be there let me know so <I can be certain to avoid you> we can say hello.

Don't blame you. You're probably mortified to even have mentioned the words clam chowda, good and Manhattan in the same sentance.

That and having been schooled by me repeatedly you ain't willing to come down off the porch and play with the big dogs until the bruises heal.

PTN

I....

I think I grew up a completely different kind of Masshole than you guys. Definitely on the wrong end of the state. But hey - my hometown gave the world Basketball. That counts for something, right?

(Right?)

I....

I think I grew up a completely different kind of Masshole than you guys. Definitely on the wrong end of the state. But hey - my hometown gave the world Basketball. That counts for something, right?

(Right?)

Springfield is like the middle of the state.

Pittsfield is "other end" in my opinion.

:cross:

I think we've clearly demonstrated our deep and abiding love of large slabs of meat. (Especially Yeager, but that's different. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

I even have to give Cape credit, after last months LinguicaDuckTurkeyCowHogucken went on Youtube he had a contract put out on his arse by The Vegan Society of America.

But if you don't love chowda its only cause you haven't had mine.

PTN

Springfield is like the middle of the state.

Pittsfield is "other end" in my opinion.

:cross:

True enough. But how many other towns in the state, like Springfield, aren't as much towns you want to go home to, but instead want to run screaming from damn near every time?

Just trying to leave downtown the other night after the Falcons/Whale game, I was filled with a seething hatred for whatever idiot designed the roads immediately surrounding I91...

Driving home from work, scratching my head trying to figure out where I can get a peck of fresh quahogs at 7:45 am so I can make some clammy goodness

Used to dig them in Narragansett Bay in my younger days. We always had some beer, tabasco, and a shucking knife, to consume the littlenecks and cherrystones on the spot.

Ya, I could do that except for the fact that I've been at work since 7:00 last night and I need to be back at 7:00 tonight.

One of the memories I'll carry with me to the grave was the look on SWMBO's face when we happened upon a bed of 'dinner plate sized' scallops on a dive a few years ago. I pulled out my knife and shucked one right there, 75 feet underwater. When I popped it in my mouth she looked like she was going to throw up into her second stage. But good Lord, that was the best scallop I've ever had.

PTN

Ya, I could do that except for the fact that I've been at work since 7:00 last night and I need to be back at 7:00 tonight.

One of the memories I'll carry with me to the grave was the look on SWMBO's face when we happened upon a bed of 'dinner plate sized' scallops on a dive a few years ago. I pulled out my knife and shucked one right there, 75 feet underwater. When I popped it in my mouth she looked like she was going to throw up into her second stage. But good Lord, that was the best scallop I've ever had.

PTN

Very cool, and with real sea salt to boot. I have not strapped on a tank for quite a while. The kids are almost out of HS, so perhaps after that (and after recovering from college expenses).

chowda cookoff/brewing event? I'll put my white chowda up against yours anytime Paul!

I agree... dig your own quahogs is the only way to fly.

Cape is there any dart playing at your place tonight?

probably after the meeting.

... and I should warn you and comcastwineguy... I wouldn't expect the meeting tonight to be anything like you see on these threads or what you saw at the U brew. The club is a lot of fun but we also take the meetings relatively seriously. It is not a hang-out-and-drink type of deal at all and if Paul and I talked to the club like we do each other, we would probably be punched in the face and tossed out of the club.

That said... we absolutely have a good time at the meetings but tonight there will be a serious presentation on water and how it effects a brew session along with a break down of different water profiles and how to achieve them.

Guys will be trying beers both commercial and homebrewed to illustrate different points and get feedback on their beers but again, it's not a hang out, drink and make fun of Paul club.

People tend to show up any time after 7:00 and have a beer or two before the meeting starts at 7:30. The meetings usually run about 2.5 hours so about 10:00 it'll start clearing out. We ALWAYS have folks hangin' out afterwards though and THAT'S when it turns into hanging out, having a beer (in moderation) and making fun of Paul.

Cape Brewing said:
Why didn't you go to Hooks in southie?

Cause I was half way home before I started thinking about something besides work. The last 12 hours in the ICU were from the south side of hell.

And now, fortified with a few pints of Guinness I'm off to bed, perchance to dream of shucking scallops at the bottom of Boston Hahba

Ya, we only act like compleat *****ebags some of the time. Other times we could pass for professional people. Cape wears long sleeved shirts to cover up his jailhouse artwork and I occasionally wear shoes that tie and pants with a zipper. You'll have fun at the club meeting and you might learn a thing or two. Alas I won't be there, back to the salt mine tonight. Ok, now I'm really off to bed

screw all you southie bastahds!!

(note: everything I know about Boston I learned from Good Will Hunting)

probably after the meeting.

... and I should warn you and comcastwineguy... I wouldn't expect the meeting tonight to be anything like you see on these threads or what you saw at the U brew. The club is a lot of fun but we also take the meetings relatively seriously. It is not a hang-out-and-drink type of deal at all and if Paul and I talked to the club like we do each other, we would probably be punched in the face and tossed out of the club.

That said... we absolutely have a good time at the meetings but tonight there will be a serious presentation on water and how it effects a brew session along with a break down of different water profiles and how to achieve them.

Guys will be trying beers both commercial and homebrewed to illustrate different points and get feedback on their beers but again, it's not a hang out, drink and make fun of Paul club.

People tend to show up any time after 7:00 and have a beer or two before the meeting starts at 7:30. The meetings usually run about 2.5 hours so about 10:00 it'll start clearing out. We ALWAYS have folks hangin' out afterwards though and THAT'S when it turns into hanging out, having a beer (in moderation) and making fun of Paul.

That's what I hoped for in a club and why I joined yours. The water profile that I have been using is alright but I would like to discuss this more and perfect mine. I have been reading on this thread about water profiles but that only gets me so far.

I figured after words I could shoot the **** a little before I had to hit the road.

Pretty sure there's a special place in hell for people that have small dogs and dress them up like that... :eek:

She actually digs through my wife's pile of clothes and puts them on herself. Sometimes she does need help getting a leg through when gets stuck but she does do it herself. My wife is no longer allowed to leave clothes on the floor because the dog has fallen down the stairs getting stuck in the top of a shirt.

I know most of you wont believe this but my dog loves clothes. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back