What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I was just alerted to the fact that in just over 24 hours, we'll be as far from 2030 as we are from 2000. I did not need or want this brought to my attention. Goddammit.

Jack and coke on a plane.

Side note: I'm on a plane with not one, but two hot stewardesses (or flight attendants for the PC folk). I think I won some kind of lottery. Should a play the real lottery tomorrow?

Wanna really test your luck? Get one of their numbers :D

And I was just alerted to the fact that in just over 24 hours, we'll be as far from 2030 as we are from 2000. I did not need or want this brought to my attention. Goddammit.

You were under no obligation to share that info here. *******.

Bieber taint?

Sounds like you're familiar w that flavor...

I don't want to know

Indeed. Wish I woulda got some Black Rajah but beggars can't be choosers. My buddy hooked it up with some awesome stuff.

I probably give black rajah a slight edge but white rajah is awesome.
It's funny that I coveted other ipas so much but after trying pretty much every ipa with the exception of Heady Topper(someone send me one) I realize that the best ipas are brewed right down the road

Take Three fingers of ginger brandy, wrap up before bed and call in the morning. Your up there in ND so I'm assuming you have a ton of bear skin blankets. Those should work nicely.

Several. Should I put on on top of my bed first or just get out my bear skin Snuggie?

Also many leather bound books and my house smells of rich mahogany.

Side note: I'm on a plane with not one, but two hot stewardesses (or flight attendants for the PC folk). I think I won some kind of lottery. Should a play the real lottery tomorrow?

You should probably play it tonight and see if one (or both) can help make you more comfortable?

Just got home, a couple of good friends dragged me out to the parking lot and plied me with alcohol which helped a bunched.
On to this,

IMG_5482.jpg

Still on the Mild. 5th or 6th pint at this point. And reading about "continuous fermentation" which is a fascinating process I wasn't aware of (apparently created in the 50's in New Zealand and more or less stayed there).

Anything like a solera?

I would call it some hybrid of a burton union, krausening, and solera. Except instead of aging for years it's hours or days. The process makes sense but it's different. Basically constant stream of new wort in, constant stream of fresh beer out, with wort brewed and held in a storage tank, with a series of fermentation tanks where varied proportions of fermenting beer, new wort, yeast, and finished beer are pumped to and fro to essentially keep the various fermentation phases all going perpetually and at the same time. That's what I'm getting out of it at least. Fascinating.

http://nzic.org.nz/ChemProcesses/food/6A.pdf

More Mild.

I would call it some hybrid of a burton union, krausening, and solera. Except instead of aging for years it's hours or days. The process makes sense but it's different. Basically constant stream of new wort in, constant stream of fresh beer out, with wort brewed and held in a storage tank, with a series of fermentation tanks where varied proportions of fermenting beer, new wort, yeast, and finished beer are pumped to and fro to essentially keep the various fermentation phases all going perpetually and at the same time. That's what I'm getting out of it at least. Fascinating.

More Mild.

Interesting

More Mild.

First you want to be English, now a Kiwi?

You go to TX or did DC come to CT?

Back