What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a tense fight with a few thorn bushes. I need a beer. You think this is bad, you have to see the other guys.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

1394579996404.jpg

1394580006567.jpg

Drink Pipeworks Amarillo ninja while I wrap my head around this "promotion" I just got.

Effective Monday, I am tasked with being the new manager of the one failing branch in our company and turning it around. I didn't have a choice in the matter. I have to leave the extremely successful location that I have been with for 4 years to board the Titanic.. Floc.

Drink Pipeworks Amarillo ninja while I wrap my head around this "promotion" I just got.

Effective Monday, I am tasked with being the new manager of the one failing branch in our company and turning it around. I didn't have a choice in the matter. I have to leave the extremely successful location that I have been with for 4 years to board the Titanic.. Floc.

Ballsy.

Congrats!

Fun. Good luck.

Well, the jackarse at the Giant Eagle wouldn't let me purchase a 12 pack of Yuengling Black & Tan and a La Fin Du Monde. He said I was at my limit with the 12 pack. I tried three different ways to explain that a 12 pack was only 144 oz. he was having none of it. So, instead of getting all rowdy, I bought my yuengling and went home. I'd say in at my breaking point, but where do I go from here? The only logical place to go is insane. *sigh*

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Sample of my gose at 9 days. Im more pleased then i thought id be. Excited for this one :D. The lacto starter did work but im hoping the sour will come out more with time as its really subtle right now.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394581584.940813.jpg

Well, the jackarse at the Giant Eagle wouldn't let me purchase a 12 pack of Yuengling Black & Tan and a La Fin Du Monde. He said I was at my limit with the 12 pack. I tried three different ways to explain that a 12 pack was only 144 oz. he was having none of it. So, instead of getting all rowdy, I bought my yuengling and went home. I'd say in at my breaking point, but where do I go from here? The only logical place to go is insane. *sigh*

Move......lol

You must have "sucker" Weirton on your back or something. Good luck!!

There's a limit on what you can buy?

What do you do for work? Unless you prefer not to say of course.

Sample of my gose at 9 days. Im more pleased then i thought id be. Excited for this one :D. The lacto starter did work but im hoping the sour will come out more with time as its really subtle right now.

Next time you might want to taste it before adding the sacch to make sure the level of sour is to your liking. 2 days might not have been long enough for the sourness you're looking for.

Next time you might want to taste it before adding the sacch to make sure the level of sour is to your liking. 2 days might not have been long enough for the sourness you're looking for.

Great point. This is kind of a test batch at only 4 gallons since its a new style and new techniques. I didnt even think about doing that. You can certainly smell and taste the lacto, but i want it more prevalent. Maybe sours have screwed with my expectations since I know this style isnt that sour :D

I wish it were that easy! I have my wife's blessing..just need a job. Then, hasta luego Meadville!

Not sure what realm you work in with mechanical design, but most engineers that I work with in the high voltage field are mechanical engineers. May be an avenue of interest.

Not sure what realm you work in with mechanical design, but most engineers that I work with in the high voltage field are mechanical engineers. May be an avenue of interest.

Blackbeerd BA Sweet potato imperial stout. Nice complexity! A deep mollassesy flavor and the sweet potato comes out in the back end. Very well done!

1394582910521.jpg

Great point. This is kind of a test batch at only 4 gallons since its a new style and new techniques. I didnt even think about doing that. You can certainly smell and taste the lacto, but i want it more prevalent. Maybe sours have screwed with my expectations since I know this style isnt that sour :D

Nothing wrong with a subtle sourness. I'm sure it'll still be even better once it's finished and carbed up.
I'm planning a Gose soon. How's the coriander and salt level in the recipe you used?

Nothing wrong with a subtle sourness. I'm sure it'll still be even better once it's finished and carbed up.
I'm planning a Gose soon. How's the coriander and salt level in the recipe you used?

The first sip seemed to be too much salt but after a few more sips i couldnt taste it so i think its about dead on. Couldnt taste much of the coriander.

If the current branch is "extremely successful" and it's because of your doing, you can convert the new one I'm sure. If not, I'm sure they see you as a valuable resource and if the ship sinks, maybe you'll be one of the lucky few who get on one of the lifeboats. :) I'm sure they gave you the same speech.

There's a limit on what you can buy?

What do you do for work? Unless you prefer not to say of course.

Yeah. In PA, were limited to 192oz per purchase. We actually have to take the first 192oz to our car and come back in to purchase the rest. I had to do that one time. Had to come back in to but one stinking bottle.

I'm a mechanical engineer that does a little of everything. I just don't have my degree completed (not sure if I ever will) and have only a few years experience. It's an uphill battle. I know I can do the job, but most employers I've talked to are stuck on this stupid piece of paper that a college gives you when they say your "ready" for the real world. Never mind I've been working in the real world for almost 12 years now. It'll happen. I just need to keep my eyes and ears open.

We test everything from static field discharge devices to bucket trucks to switchgear and spacers.

All of the engineers I have dealt with when any hardware is brought in are mechanical guys.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Philly has some strange Russian River connection. We get pretty much all their stuff on draft and a lot of their non-IPA bottles.

Few bottles for friends, mostly. Only one I remember was Port's Old Viscosity. Had Older Viscosity on tap while there.

Brought back more shirts and glassware than beer. Spent most of my money hitting 8 breweries in 3 days.

Currently drinking: another ruthless rye.

If the current branch is "extremely successful" and it's because of your doing, you can convert the new one I'm sure. If not, I'm sure they see you as a valuable resource and if the ship sinks, maybe you'll be one of the lucky few who get on one of the lifeboats. :) I'm sure they gave you the same speech.

Thanks. It was so mismanaged for the last few years that I am positive we can turn it around. It is in a market that is 3 times the size of my current location. It will just take time and hard work.

Next up...

1394584616729.jpg

A 6 oz sample of Water Sign Beer Barrel Bock. Very good but I think I rollin with Night Tripper again to finish this New Holland visit off. Had some wings and nachos that just made me super sleepy lol

ty, you could always come out to rural MN & weld with me... just sayin'. I feel like I'm the only beer dork in a 50 mile radius.

another of my Lower Brow.

My second Chub.
6a2ahu6e.jpg

You can't drink just one.

A Chub in hand beats two in the bush! Wait. That didn't come out right. :D

That limit is retarded when you can go in and buy more. Glad texas doesn't have a limit but it's own retarded laws

Having dc brau- the corruption.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

To make things even more stoopid, I can go into a state store (liquor store, wine and hard liquor only) and buy a grocery full of booze and they'll ask me if I need help carrying it to my car. But I buy a 12 pack and three bombers and all kinds of lights and whistles go off. Also, if I go to a "distributor", I can buy as many cases as I want (I think. Never tried) and the guy gets a dolly out to help me out to my car. And until recently, it was illegal for a bottle shop employee to bag single bottles. I, as the customer, had to do that.

We test everything from static field discharge devices to bucket trucks to switchgear and spacers.

All of the engineers I have dealt with when any hardware is brought in are mechanical guys.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

So, you're talking about line voltage stuff, like I'd find at a substation?!

To make things even more stoopid, I can go into a state store (liquor store, wine and hard liquor only) and buy a grocery full of booze and they'll ask me if I need help carrying it to my car. But I buy a 12 pack and three bombers and all kinds of lights and whistles go off. Also, if I go to a "distributor", I can buy as many cases as I want (I think. Never tried) and the guy gets a dolly out to help me out to my car. And until recently, it was illegal for a bottle shop employee to bag single bottles. I, as the customer, had to do that.

But the limit on taverns/grocery stores/bottle shops is due to the distributors and their highly paid, very effective lobbyist group.

Back