What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a double brew day and finally relaxing with a sledgehammer.

Just finished up a BCBS clone attempt. 5.5 target for fermenter. 36.5 pound grain bill! The 15 gallon boilermaker could have taken a little more but I don't see me making many more 14%+ beers that often. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388364906.186057.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388364943.340560.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1388364976.681260.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
Just finished a double brew day and finally relaxing with a sledgehammer. Just finished up a BCBS clone attempt. 5.5 target for fermenter. 36.5 pound grain bill! The 15 gallon boilermaker could have taken a little more but I don't see me making many more 14%+ beers that often.

What did you think of the bcbs? That looks like a hell of a batch of brew. Save me one of your clones when it's ready!

Tomasello Blueberry wine. Awesome stuff. Maybe my favorate of the few blueberry wines Ive tried so far.

Brooklyn lager.

This one shocked me. I normally drink IPAs and can't stand most lagers. I picked up a Brooklyn sampler to appease some of my Christmas guests who don't care for hoppy beers. When I tasted this, I couldn't believe it was a lager. This is a really good beer and I will definitely buy it again.

TxBigHops said:
Brooklyn lager. This one shocked me. I normally drink IPAs and can't stand most lagers. I picked up a Brooklyn sampler to appease some of my Christmas guests who don't care for hoppy beers. When I tasted this, I couldn't believe it was a lager. This is a really good beer and I will definitely buy it again.

He'll yea it is. :D

CliffMongoloid said:
Stegmaier porter... Can anyone figure out this caps riddle?? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Don't know what the middle symbol is on the bottom. But my guess is " no place to go but up" or no place to light up?

Damn! What do you mash in?
a boilermaker with a false bottom that works like a dream!

What did you think of the bcbs? That looks like a hell of a batch of brew. Save me one of your clones when it's ready!
I will send them out when ready!

Another HBT member is brewing the other 5.5 for the 10 gallon bourbon barrel. We will brew another 11 gallons to blend back onto the original 10 gallons since it will be pretty bourbon forward from the small barrel. Should have a fine brew in the end.

Not too into it and one of the few of my least favorates from New Glarus. Not a bad follow up though from a little bit of blueberry wine. Almost a light beer as a belgian style. It would be funky if they canned this and the kind that would do well in one. Its kinda like a fruiter/estery version of a stella. Pretty damn clean in taste for a belgian style. Has a clovey finish I dont care for thats about all I dont like about it. Nice aroma and clean taste though.

stone soup.jpg

drinking my first Duvel Belgian Golden Ale, it's really good! I like the big stream of carbonation, from the etched glass.

Started off with a Celebration, then had a Two Hearted, and now enjoying some Sucks. Was happy I was able to pick up a few bombers of Victory At Sea to sit on for a bit. May have to go back and grab more on payday...

I thought it sounded alright. But then again, I did just guzzle a bcbs so maybe it is just jibberish. Like you always say..I just don't give a flock son....:mug:

What do you use as a mash tun for that grain bill?

My "Jolly Holly Ale" which is nearly the Holly Ale found on this site. I think I need more critiques because the only critique I've had was that it has a bite. This is from someone who doesn't like hoppy beers. Anyway, spices are definitely there. Not sure about the bite.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388367991.936711.jpg

Also, my oak, vanilla, and bourbon all soaking for the next week to add to my porter.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388368048.417079.jpg

What do you use as a mash tun for that grain bill?

My "Jolly Holly Ale" which is nearly the Holly Ale found on this site. I think I need more critiques because the only critique I've had was that it has a bite. This is from someone who doesn't like hoppy beers. Anyway, spices are definitely there. Not sure about the bite.

View attachment 168879

Also, my oak, vanilla, and bourbon all soaking for the next week to add to my porter.
View attachment 168880

Unless it's a 20 gallon batch, that might be a bit much. Oak chips suck, for future reference.

Started off with a Celebration, then had a Two Hearted, and now enjoying some Sucks. Was happy I was able to pick up a few bombers of Victory At Sea to sit on for a bit. May have to go back and grab more on payday...

Which "sucks" Lagunitas? Good stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

More Saga ( Its a kinda beer that makes me love beer). Top 5 midwest ipa for me. Whilst thinning the herd of my beer fridge, down to about 7 six packs of nothing more than 1-3 each of various differnt beers. Nothing to drink. Nothing to drink. Need to start putting some of my homebrews in there. Couple of each batch, gotta make shure none are doing anything weird like overcarbing. More research and development in the time being. And a good time that is, aint nothin like a good time. And it dont get better than this..

How iS that??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

It's Jack Daniels Winter Jack. It's a cider. Very sweet (about 14%) which is like a wine. It's good but, when I think Jack Daniels, I think harsh and strong. This is mild and sweet...which is nice.

I've got no clue what I need as far as equipment to get started brewing beer. Can someone tell me what all is needed?
Thanks,
Bobby Cox

Bed???? It's early!!! And, a holiday week??? Come on Rem. Of all people....

7 month old bottle of two roads road 2 ruin that I totally forgot in my beer fridge. I gotta say it still tastes pretty good. I would love to try this fresh.

Latest posts

Back