2009 Fantasy Football Rejects League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglytunasaloona

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread so that we don't clog up the Veterans League discussion. Lets see how much interest this generates.

I am familiar with Yahoo since I run another league there. I have created a league which is a clone of the first league that I manage. There are 8 teams in the league currently. I like the 8 team size because then everyone gets to play each other twice and then we have the playoffs. Check out the scoring. I changed some settings from the defaults. I am open to changing the league size and the scoring. We can discuss if/when we fill the league. We can also decide on membership fee and awards at that time. I have arbitrarily set the draft for Monday night 8/24/2009 at 8PM est and can also change that if a majority of the teams decide on another date. If you want to join the league is currently a private league on Yahoo. The league name is HBTRejects. The league id is 387008 and the password is hbt.

I'm all for it. I think it was Yahoo that I ended up using last year after FOX screwed my other league's draft all up. Monday nights definitely do not work for me, though any other night would be fine.

I'm in on this. I needed a 3rd team this year. Monday nights work well for me for a draft but a little later in the evening is better. We can figure it out once a few more people sign up.

I think once we get 'er filled up, we can discuss particulars (draft time, lineup/scoring preferences, fees/prizes, etc.). First things first.

Regarding the fees/prizes issue... Do we want to make this a "Supporting Members Only" type league since we'd be dealing with money and all? Or at least make the person holding the registration fees (commish?) a Supporting Member? Food for thought.

I think everyone should have to be a supporting member and whoever is holding the money should be a long standing or lifetime member.

I also think we should not wait to decide on fees because that could make someone change their mind about playing.

I think everyone should have to be a supporting member and whoever is holding the money should be a long standing or lifetime member.

I also think we should not wait to decide on fees because that could make someone change their mind about playing.

I agree on both counts. I think the "Old Timers" league was using a $20 buy-in, does that work for everybody, or do we want to up it a bit, seeing as how we're anticipating only having 8 teams? My other league is a $50 league but I don't know how many people would be up for that.

I woouldn't mind a little more than 20 but 50 would be too much for me. Also I don't want to deal with paying for trades or transactions. Just one amount up front.

I woouldn't mind a little more than 20 but 50 would be too much for me. Also I don't want to deal with paying for trades or transactions. Just one amount up front.

+1. My other league tried that last year and it was very annoying.

Does anyone have a suggestion for payouts? I know my other group does a payout for regular season champ as well as playoff champ. Do we want to do something similar, or strictly a 1st, 2nd, 3rd after the playoffs? Maybe a combination?

My other leagues payout as follows: 1/2 buy-in to regualr season point leader, 1/2 buy-in to regular season champion. 2x buy-in to playoff second place, The rest to playoff champion. Third place generally gets a preferred draft position the following year as these are on going leagues. This payout has worked well for us for many years.

I also agree with no money beyond the buy-in. I tried to run a league one year with transaction fees. What a nightmare.

Sorry for not following up earlier this afternoon. I had something that I had to get done and out the door by COB today. It's nasty when work gets in the way of fun.

Things are moving nicely for a first day. So far we've got 4 teams signed up in the new league. Hopefully we'll fill in the others shortly. If we don't get enough participation from within HBT, we can open it up to public participation, although I would prefer not to do that.

As far as $s, I agree, one upfront participation fee and nothing after that. We can decide the split when we get a few more teams. As far as the amount I don't have a problem with any amount up to $50. Any more then that at SWMBO might get a bit upset. I can handle the bank if you want but it would have to be by check and snail mail. My feeling is that the banker doesn't get a free ride. I guess I could set up a paypal account.

Here are the changes that I made to the point schedule but I believe you can see the deviations from the defaults once you're in the league.

Passing touchdowns increased to 6 points from 4
Interceptions -1 instead of -2
rushing yards 15 yards per point instead of 10 yards per point. all others default - 6 points for 100 yds 12 points for 200 and 18 for 300
return yards 15 yards per point
fumbles lost -1 instead of -2
all field goals 3 points not 4 for 40-49 yards and 5 for 50 yards
-3 missed field goal of 0-19 yards instead of 0
-2 for missed field goal of 20-29 yards instead of 0
-1 missed field goal of 30-39 yds instead of 0
2 points for a sack instead of 1

defensive points allowed
0 20 points instead of 10
1-6 15 points instead of 7
7-13 10 points instead of 4
14-20 5 points instead 0f 1
21-27 2 points instead of 0
28-34 -1 points instead of 0
35+ -3 points instead of -4

im in if its $20 or less. or we can do homebrews as the prize possibly?

im not a premium member but dont see the problem as long as the money is paid upfront

I'd prefer to keep it cash instead of brew. You would likely end up spending more than $20 to ship brews.

I'm fine with non-members playing as long a fees are in up front.

Sorry for not following up earlier this afternoon. I had something that I had to get done and out the door by COB today. It's nasty when work gets in the way of fun.

Things are moving nicely for a first day. So far we've got 4 teams signed up in the new league. Hopefully we'll fill in the others shortly. If we don't get enough participation from within HBT, we can open it up to public participation, although I would prefer not to do that.

As far as $s, I agree, one upfront participation fee and nothing after that. We can decide the split when we get a few more teams. As far as the amount I don't have a problem with any amount up to $50. Any more then that at SWMBO might get a bit upset. I can handle the bank if you want but it would have to be by check and snail mail. My feeling is that the banker doesn't get a free ride. I guess I could set up a paypal account.

Here are the changes that I made to the point schedule but I believe you can see the deviations from the defaults once you're in the league.

Passing touchdowns increased to 6 points from 4
Interceptions -1 instead of -2
rushing yards 15 yards per point instead of 10 yards per point. all others default - 6 points for 100 yds 12 points for 200 and 18 for 300
return yards 15 yards per point
fumbles lost -1 instead of -2
all field goals 3 points not 4 for 40-49 yards and 5 for 50 yards
-3 missed field goal of 0-19 yards instead of 0
-2 for missed field goal of 20-29 yards instead of 0
-1 missed field goal of 30-39 yds instead of 0
2 points for a sack instead of 1

defensive points allowed
0 20 points instead of 10
1-6 15 points instead of 7
7-13 10 points instead of 4
14-20 5 points instead 0f 1
21-27 2 points instead of 0
28-34 -1 points instead of 0
35+ -3 points instead of -4

Nothing against you at all but I would really prefer either a lifetime or longtime member handling the cash. I really hope you don't take any offense to that though. :mug:

dataz722:

No offense taken. If someone else wants to handle the bank it is fine with me. I just figured I'd do it if no else wants to. We've got five teams now so not a bad turn out for 1 day. Hopefully we'll fill out the league quickly so we can come to agreement on the details.

were at 5...

i vote to have the draft on a sunday night but that monday might work

Bump.

I'm open to whatever night we come to an agreement on for the draft. As noted in the previous reply we're still at 5. I've got two potential teams if we don't fill up from HBT which leaves us one shy of the optimal number, I need to let the guys know by the end of the week.

We're definitely at 6 teams. If we can get 2 more HBT members it would be great. The only question in this area is how long do we want to wait to fill the league out with HBT guys before we open to other people. I think once we fill out the league we should be able to resolve open items, finalize the draft date and get going.

I think some people might be holding out to try to get into the Veteran's League. Does anybody know if they're full yet?

I'm in too! Sunday night draft would be best for me as well!

I don't care if I'm in the veterans or rejects league, I just want to draft another team.

That's 8!

Now for the discussions to begin. I think first off, let's setup a draft time that works for everybody. Autodrafts suck, so let's get that out of the way.

I'm good for any weekday after 7:30pm, and any time on a weekend.

What about the rest of you?

We're all set, 8 teams. I just e-mailed the league a set of questions. I'm not sure if we want to clog up an HBT discussion with the league's business. I haven't been a member long enough to get a feeling for what might be considered out of line for the HBT forums. Let's figure out where to discuss. Here or in e-mail threads?

Lets have some fun!

We would be fine keeping everything on here as long as it just stays in this thread.

I would like to try and give it a couple more days and see if we could get atleast 2 more people. I think 10 is perfect but thats just me.

We would be fine keeping everything on here as long as it just stays in this thread.

I agree. I'm on here WAY more often than I check my email... and I get notification of new email on my crackberry.

I would like to try and give it a couple more days and see if we could get atleast 2 more people. I think 10 is perfect but thats just me.

I don't have a problem with 10, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with 9, either. More than 10 is pushing it.

I agree. I'm on here WAY more often than I check my email... and I get notification of new email on my crackberry.

I don't have a problem with 10, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with 9, either. More than 10 is pushing it.

Speaking of crackberry's I just got one. Are there any apps I can get for yahoo fantasy football?

I would think that instead of opening up the league right now we could jsut see if anyone else posts in here and wants to play. If we get 2 more then we open it up.

Plus the more people we get the more money I make!!! :D

I have no problem with waiting a little longer. I had originally set the league up with 8 teams but I've bumped that up to 10. If we can get two more teams all the better.

OK I've just seen the other replies. we're back at 8 until we see 2 additional requests. I don't like the unbalanced number of 9 teams either.

sunday the 23rd at 8pm works for me.

i really would prefer to keep it at $20 but majority wins. that way its not to much but still offers a great prize and keeps it fun. if we have 8 people,i think it would be good to split it up like 1st gets $100, 2nd gets $40, and 3rd gets there money back($20).

Latest posts

Back