Best Cheap Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
I'm not talking extremely cheap, but I can't go wrong with McSorley's Ale at less than 6 bucks a six-pack. In this economy we all have to make sacrifices! What's your recommendation?

Here in Mexico, it's all cheap and all similar in flavor. I usually go for Modelo's 'Victoria' at 54 pesos per 6er (about $5 u.s.) but I most enjoy Monteczemu's 'Bohemia classic' because I can actually taste some hops.
mark
Beer Diary...

I think the best IPA for the money is Longhammer. Can get it for $10.50/12pk

Trade Joe's sells many beers for less than $6 a sixer that are verry nice. Every once in a while youll actually catch somthing on sale there for $4.50 at mine.

There's a Southern restaurant and bar near my house that sells 40 oz bottles of PBR for $2.50. They're served in buckets of ice with jelly jars as glasses - so it stays icy cold to the last drop. That's good cheap beer drinkin.

Cheap good beer, maybe an oxymoron....:D

Schell's Caramel Bock.

Its best drank outside in the middle of February at about 15'F sitting by a hot toasty fire and a poker so you can make a lagerheads.

Yum!!!

Does boulevard stuff count as cheap? They've got quite a few good daily drinker type beers.

While not cheap at $2-2.50 per bottle(500ml) Zywiec Baltic Porter

Baltic Porters

here's the review of this beer
"Zywiec Porter
Yet another of the relatively plentiful Polish porters, this is the granddaddy of them all at 9.3 percent ABV. The brewery has been around since 1856, the beer, since 1881.Very malty and somewhat sweet, it finishes with a dry, lightly bitter taste. The aroma is molasses and malt. Like a moderately hopped bock, with chocolate and coffee notes. This brew is bottom fermented and well rounded, with its potency hidden in its easy-drinking quality. A perfect combination of porter and doppelbock qualities make this a real treat. It would be hard to find a finer beer of any style.

Zywiec Porter from Bracki Browar Zamkowy (Zywiec Heineken), a Baltic Porter style beer: An unofficial page for Zywiec Porter from Bracki Browar Zamkowy (Zywiec Heineken) in Cieszyn, , Poland - RateBeer

Shlitz baby. $2.50 a 6 pack. I have never had it and I saw it tonight so I bought it, just to try it. I was expecting much worse! Its drinkable IMO

My go to good inexpensive beers are Saranac. I usually can find them anwhere from 6.99-7.99 a sixer or 12.99-14.99 for a mix 12 pack. Liquor store by me has a sale on Mendocino's White Hawk IPA for 5.48 (it's normally 6.99) a six not bad for a pretty decent 7% IPA. Also they sometimes have a sale on Heavy Seas mix 12 pack for 14.99! Now that's a deal an a half.

Back