Beersmith and "find"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be able to search through Beersmith for recipes by ingredient. I seem to have lost that in the new version, and the website is no help at all. (and neither is the "help"!)

I want to find certain recipes where I used hallertauer hops, for example. I used to just click "find" and put in the ingredient. It worked well. But now I can't find where to do that. Can someone help me out? :drunk:

I tried to locate a "find" or "search" function as well only to find out it doesn't exist in the new version of Beersmith 2. My search lead me to a short discussion on the Beersmith forum where Brad Smith indicates that it may be included in a "minor Beersmith update" to occur perhaps early next year, 2013.

Beersmith - October 20 said:
I'm trying to get it into the next minor version update - which will probably be early next year. At the moment I'm trying to finish up the "full" mobile version to get it into testing and then I'll switch focus to the next minor BeerSmith update (fixes and eventually something that will be 'BeerSmith 2.2') - but we're probably looking at the new year before it is all done.

Brad

I tried to locate a "find" or "search" function as well only to find out it doesn't exist in the new version of Beersmith 2. My search lead me to a short discussion on the Beersmith forum where Brad Smith indicates that it may be included in a "minor Beersmith update" to occur perhaps early next year, 2013.

Darn. I loved that feature. Trying to remember when I last used crystal hops, or if I had any recipes for hallertauer hersbrucker is a pain, when I used to be able to find the recipes in just a few seconds.

Back