Beersmith 2 lost recipe (beersmith noob)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonian

Reaction score
I've searched this problem before on this site, but all of those posts relate to someone's computer crashing and losing a recipe or beersmith wasn't recognizing that its license key has already been entered. I'm not having either of those problems.

While editing a new recipe, out of habit I clicked the "save as" button and entered a name for my recipe. After I clicked enter my recipe is no where to be found in beersmith or my HD. I also went through all of the Recipex.bsmx files in My Documents\Beersmith2 but none of those were the recipe I was just working on.

Does anyone know how to get files back that have disappeared in beersmith?

Solved.

The problem was I was modifying previously made recipes that I had downloaded. If I create a new recipe from scratch and then click save as it goes into my "my recipes" folder. Any downloaded ones don't get saved over. Really weird functionality, but I'll have to keep that in mind next time I use the software.

Back