Weyermann Munich Malt Type 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenS

Reaction score
So I just picked up a bag of weyermann munich malt type 1. I am told that it is around 6.5L and not the 9-10L that light munich malt normally is. I want to brew tomorrow and use this as the base malt. I seriously doubt I could make a dunkel with malt this light and I don't have any pilsner malt so I think that my brewing options become limited. Fellow brewers, help me out and point me in the right direction. Has anyone ever brewed a decoction munich, mt. hood SMaSH?

Probably because beersmith lists it as 9 until you start adding in malts from the different vendors i the support section. Also the wiki you posted says 9 too.

Pretty tired when I posted that. I didn't read it closely. That part of the wiki could use some updating. I did find some references to this maltster's munich's running on the light side. I tell myself I won't post when I get tired but ...... :eek:

Back