Plastic Crates?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GABrewboy

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy some used or new crates like they used to use for the soda bottles? Looking for the plastic ones as I am sure they would be cheaper. My beer boxes are getting a little weak after putting so many bottles in and out of them.....:O But just not sure what they called those things....

Yes, I have thought of those but I would really like the ones that you can hold a case of 12oz bottles in......:drunk:

Don't know if you have anything like a Stewerts where you live.(convienence store/quickie mart type of place) but they have plastic soda cases and yoou might be able to score some there. Late at night, when no ones looking;)

2nd Street Brewery said:
Don't know if you have anything like a Stewerts where you live.(convienence store/quickie mart type of place) but they have plastic soda cases and yoou might be able to score some there. Late at night, when no ones looking;)
That's how I got mine ;)

Now that's a nifty idea!!! Drill some holes for pegs or something like that? I think I will go that route, then I can attach rope handles to the sides for carry puposes.......:D :rockin:

I'm cheap. I just have scads of cardboard beer boxes that I've scavanged from the trash of local liquor stores and bars. When they wear out, I just throw them out and get more as I need them.

I put a few layers of newspaper in the bottom which helps keep the cardboard from soaking up any moisture.

I saw some crates at K-Mart the other day. they are tall enough for bottles but I'm not sure if they would fit 24 bottles or not. They sold for about $4 a piece.

Brewby said:
I saw some crates at K-Mart the other day. they are tall enough for bottles but I'm not sure if they would fit 24 bottles or not. They sold for about $4 a piece.
I use these, and I think that they will hold 29 12oz bottles. They are just a BIT too small in one direction to all for a full 30 (5 rows of 6 bottles).

You end up with packing like this in the crate:

Code:
 O O O O O
O O O O O O
O O O O O O
O O O O O O
O O O O O O

Back