Hello from Cleveland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayC

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How exactly does one greet a group of strangers over the internet? Hello everyone. So far I've only brewed one batch, as BB American Amber Ale kit. I'm not sure what I expected it to taste like. All of the starter homebrewing reading I've done suggested that my homebrewed beer should taste something like heaven. I missed heaven by a long shot. I must admit that I was somewhat surprised when I did taste it for the first time, because it tasted like beer! I understood, intellectually, that I was making beer. But I don't think I believed, in my gut, that that stuff I boiled up and put in a plastic bucket would end up as beer, until I drank it. In the time since I've made that kit I'm convinced that I've done enough reading to go AG, but SWMBO has put the brakes on any brewing-related spending, at least until I've done a few more kits and prove that I'm going to stick with this for a while. So be it. That being said, if any other Cleveland-area brewers are interested in going to one of the local brewing clubs, like SNOB's, I'd be happy to meet up with you before going.

Welcome aboard it only gets better the more your brew. I would say get a few batches under your belt before your jump all grain. Once you do it is a roller coaster ride of fun!

Back