Dogfish Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpetty

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I really want to try some Dogfish Head IPA's, but they aren't available here. Is there someone out there who I could work something out with?

I can get em for you...you lookin to trade something, or do you just want them shipped to you?

Well, either really. I can send payment via Paypal or money order.

For trade, in the homebrew category I have:
an american pale ale
an oatmeal stout fermenting that will be bottled in about a month
an apple wine (not too great)
a BIG cider fermenting that will be bottled in about 2 weeks

In the commercial category I have access to quite a few beers, you've probably seen most of them. The breweries that are close to me include Schlafly, Boulevard, Abita, Goose Island, and I can get some stuff brewed in Wisconsin (Point, Mac's, and some others). However, I see that you are in Texas, so you can probably get most of those with the exception of the Wisconsin beers and maybe the Schlafly.

they have theyre beers everywhere round here but i cant get myself to spend what they charge...its like 7 bucks for a 20 ounce, and like 12 bucks a six pack...

mpetty said:
... In the commercial category I have access to ... Shlassky...

I've never heard of that and couldn't find it on the Web. Are you sure it isn't Schlafly you're talking about? If so, that stuff is great, as is Boulevard. I can't get either where I'm at. Whenever I go to Missouri, I pick some up.

If El P. can't work something out with you, I just might be able to!:)

mpetty said:
The breweries that are close to me include Schlafly, Boulevard, Abita, Goose Island, and I can get some stuff brewed in Wisconsin (Point, Mac's, and some others).
I don't think I can get Schlafly or Goose Island, and I know I can't get Boulevard, so there's plenty room for a trade. Give me a day to run to the package store and get prices. Are you looking for the 60, 90, or 120, or all of the above?

we used to get Goose Island (even here in Beaumont). i think it was the Honkers Ale? i haven't ever seen it at Spec's or the Ginger Man though??

El Pistolero said:
I don't think I can get Schlafly or Goose Island, and I know I can't get Boulevard, so there's plenty room for a trade. Give me a day to run to the package store and get prices. Are you looking for the 60, 90, or 120, or all of the above?

All of the above, but if you can't mix and match just the 90 and 120.

For Goose Island, I can get the pale ale, Honker's Ale, IPA, Nut Brown Ale, and maybe the oatmeal stout.

For Boulevard, I can get the pale ale, wheat, Bully! Porter, Dry Stout, 47, and probably all the rest depending on stock levels.

For Schlafly, I am pretty limited. I know I can get the (British) Pale Ale and Hefeweizen. I'm pretty sure I can pick up the oatmeal stout as well. If you want one of the others, I'll call and see if they are in stock.

I can also get two beers by Lemp Brewing Co, from St. Louis. The "America's First Lager" and Jurassic Dark. I haven't had either of those beers though.

Sorry to take so long...took awhile to get to the liquor store. DFH 60 is $7.30 per six. The 90 min. is $9 per four. I didn't see the 120, but I think it's also $9 per four. Did you want all of the above, or if you like I'll split em up and send you what you want...I need to broaden my horizons a bit. Let me know, and if you can give me some idea on the prices of the Goose Island, Boulevard, and Schlafly stuff.

The Goose Island and Boulevard both run about $8 per six. The Schlafly isn't available in Arkansas, but I'm close to Missouri and go there to get it. Schlafly runs between $6 and $7 per six, and the Goose Island/Boulevard will be about a buck cheaper per six in Missouri as well. Figure 10% for tax. Let me know what kinds you want on the Schlafly, because I should call ahead to make sure they have it and get them to hold it for me.

I definitely want a full pack each of the 90 and 120, and I'd be willing to take all of the 60 minute, but 3 of those should do me if you were wanting to try it.

mpetty said:
The Goose Island and Boulevard both run about $8 per six. The Schlafly isn't available in Arkansas, but I'm close to Missouri and go there to get it. Schlafly runs between $6 and $7 per six, and the Goose Island/Boulevard will be about a buck cheaper per six in Missouri as well. Figure 10% for tax. Let me know what kinds you want on the Schlafly, because I should call ahead to make sure they have it and get them to hold it for me.

I definitely want a full pack each of the 90 and 120, and I'd be willing to take all of the 60 minute, but 3 of those should do me if you were wanting to try it.

This sounds fun! Might have to push the issue with Rhoobarb a little.....:D

Regarding the DFH 60--make sure you drink that before the 90. You'll never want to go back. :D

mpetty said:
What about Raison D'Etre...you interested in that.

Speaking of which, Dude, didn't you have a recipe for Raison D'Etre?

Hell I'm interested in all of it. :drunk:

The Chicory Stout sounds really good, too, but I'd probably only want a few bottles of it.

El Pistolero said:
What about Raison D'Etre...you interested in that.

Speaking of which, Dude, didn't you have a recipe for Raison D'Etre?

Have you tried the Raison D'Etre? If so, what is it like? I almost bought it yesterday but went with the 60 minute IPA. Here in Richmond the 60 is $8.69 a 6 pack, 90 is the same price for a 4 pack. The 60 is sooooo good. I was looking for the Richbrau IPA (I'm too lazy to drive to the brewery) but ended up going with the DFH 60 instead.

Back