Help with labels!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgauthier20420

Reaction score
I'm trying to get something simple put together as logo for me to put on taps for me beer and bottles (if I ever do that again :lol: ). I lack the software and knowledge to get this done. I'm not trying to be crazy here. Just something simple. I've got a theme and brewery name in mind. Looking for some friendly help at this point. Haven't broken all the way down to try paying someone for this.

So, if your willing to help GREAT! PM me please. If your local, I'm more than happy to share some homebrew also. Thanks in advance guys.

Where is local? What's the name and theme? Size of tap labels?

Tap labels sound cool. I almost did beer labels once, but then I remembered that I'd have to take them all off, so I said screw it, and just mark the caps.

I've got the software necessary. Can you draw up your ideas even in stick figures and scan/email them? I'd be happy to help.

Where is local? What's the name and theme? Size of tap labels?

Tap labels sound cool. I almost did beer labels once, but then I remembered that I'd have to take them all off, so I said screw it, and just mark the caps.

Sorry. Local is Chicago, IL. Name is Swamp Dog Brewing and theme is something like a deep south theme. Swamps and alligators...I'm from New Orleans :rockin:. Yeah I've got 4 taps on my keezer that are lonely with the crappy black nubs that come with the faucets. I'm thinking a label like 3"W x 4"H would be best. Looking to have a small area on the design that I can change to whichever name I name the beer. Not sure what type of file would work best for this. I don't need the whole design to change just the area where the name of the beer would go. I have it "loosely" made up in an excel file that I can send to an email address if you willing to help. Thanks!

I've got the software necessary. Can you draw up your ideas even in stick figures and scan/email them? I'd be happy to help.

jgarretson, all the help I can get better for this. I have an excel file made with the design loosely in there. I can email it to you if that would be best. Let me know. Thanks!

You've got a design in an excel file? You were NOT joking when you said you lacked the knowledge. Hahaha I kid, I kid.

Upload the image here, there are a few people who dabble in design that may take a whack at it.

You've got a design in an excel file? You were NOT joking when you said you lacked the knowledge. Hahaha I kid, I kid.

Upload the image here, there are a few people who dabble in design that may take a whack at it.

Haha yeah yeah :cross:. I'm touching on it at work, so they don't have any software and I can't try putting on any free stuff on. I don't really have it saved as an image right now because it's so raw. I can send the file to anyone that is willing to help which would be awesome. Let me know.

I thought I responded to this, but don't see it anymore. You can send me the logo and ill turn it into a proper image file at least.

So, name has been decided on and logo has been designed. All with help with HBTer's and a buddy from a local homebrew club I participate in. He's new the photoshop scene, but I think he did a great job! I'm sure he'd love feedback so feel free. Cheers.

Crawfish County 2.jpg

For your basic label, its pretty good. From a professional design perspective there are some things to improve. I would suggest the following:

• Change the label to vectors unless you will only use it at one size. That will eliminate the jagged pixely look that you have now.
  • I would shrink the size of the beer and or increase the size of the crawfish to to add emphasis to him.
  • Might want to remove the rim line of the glass to make it look like the label is just filled with beer, vs in a glass.
  • Spend a bit more time on the font, ideally I would like to see a bit more space between the wording and the edge of the border, and ale house could benefit from being a different font/size.

I would also print a test label to see how that brown and red border play together, I think they will be muddy as is, but not sure. Interesting concept though. :D

I think it looks great! I agree Ale house could be a different font/color and the beer head does look better with the rim of the glass removed.

Back