Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking I will bring a keg of IPA with us. I might have to pull it from the keezer to ensure that I don't drink all of it before the 18th. Otherwise I can bring an ESB or Yooper's Brew Day Amber. Not sure what the preferred beverage would be (mine is IPA), but all three are good.

I'm considering brewing an Smoked English Barleywine. Would need to pick up some apple wood for the smoker to smoke some Maris Otter. I guess we will see depending on how motivated I am after working 60hrs+.

Also, Heather and I will most likely bring along the tent just in case there is some swinger action going on, jk....... well, not really.

Whoa! If SWMBO gets wind its that kind of party she'll put her foot down!

75% chance of Jen and I making it.

If we can we will be tenting it weather permitting. The motel we stayed in last year was.......difficult to get undressed in....even after a FULL day of :drunk:

If we can we will be tenting it weather permitting. The motel we stayed in last year was.......difficult to get undressed in....even after a FULL day of :drunk:

There is little chance of difficulty in becoming unclothed here, but if you need help, just ask. We may have to put some people to be bed anyway.

Oh, it would be great to see you two again! Especially Jen......;)

COOL!

oh oh oh, a brew day I didn't miss?

Perry? I could practically walk home! Count me very interested.

I hope to see you there!

I think I'll get the award again for the "furthest distance traveled to drink beer at HH's".

Another Grand Havenite going--cool! How many people are camping? Is it tents only?

Thinking of coming down Friday and staying the night instead of making a day trip on Saturday.

Another Grand Havenite going--cool! How many people are camping? Is it tents only?

Thinking of coming down Friday and staying the night instead of making a day trip on Saturday.

Weather will probably be the only limiting factor. There is room for whatever you want to pitch, drive or tow.

oh oh oh, a brew day I didn't miss?

Perry? I could practically walk home! Count me very interested.

Count you interested? Dude, this is a must!

Of course the beer will be great, but the food!!! And good people. And if you look closely, you might even find some beer being made. ;)

I'm still trying to figure out how to make it. But the wife has already turned down some other offers on that weekend due to that work thing, so I think they are gearing up for that and we are still required to attend.

Count you interested? Dude, this is a must!

Of course the beer will be great, but the food!!! And good people. And if you look closely, you might even find some beer being made. ;)

I'm still trying to figure out how to make it. But the wife has already turned down some other offers on that weekend due to that work thing, so I think they are gearing up for that and we are still required to attend.

When you are creative enough to invent a family emergency out of town, Young Grasshopper, you are ready to leave. ;)

When you are creative enough to invent a family emergency out of town, Young Grasshopper, you are ready to leave. ;)

LOL!

The problem, as I see it, is that you guys have managed to marry women smarter than you. That's usually a great advantage, and quite an accomplishment, but it means that the SWMBOs can see right through your "creativity". :D

Seriously, this is going to be another great time. Bob and I will stop at a grocery store on Saturday morning and grab something for the grill. I'll also try to bring something that can last for a week in the car during the trip. It'll be a surprise for all of us when I figure out what I'm bringing!

LOL!

The problem, as I see it, is that you guys have managed to marry women smarter than you. That's usually a great advantage, and quite an accomplishment, but it means that the SWMBOs can see right through your "creativity". :D

First, don't mistake controlling manipulation for intelligence-it's generally just easier to kowtow(see SWMBO), and carefully choose your battles.

Second, the creativity was to be directed at the creeper employer, and CERTAINLY NOT to untruthfully represent events to a partner. That is just wrong.

First, don't mistake controlling manipulation for intelligence-it's generally just easier to kowtow(see SWMBO), and carefully choose your battles.

Second, the creativity was to be directed at the creeper employer, and CERTAINLY NOT to untruthfully represent events to a partner. That is just wrong.

Ah. Thank makes sense. Carefully choosing battles is truly the secret to a happy marriage. :D

To those making plans to attend: I'd like to once again ask that you not bring kids to this event. Myself and some of those in attendance want this to be an ADULT day, with certain ADULT language and ADULT behavior. My apologies to those that this causes any difficulty, but it is really in the best interest of everyone, trust me.

To anyone bringing a camper: I'll set you up on the concrete parking pad in front of my barn and you can plug into power from there.

To those Tenting: I May be able to find additional outlets to feed a ceramic heater if you have one to bring. It would help also if you could bring your own extension cords, so your nocturnal screams would be less noticeable to others.

So where is this happening? I'm in Muskegon and have the Michigan Irish Festival going on that weekend but I may be able to get my guys to work a few extra hours so I can swing by.

So where is this happening? I'm in Muskegon and have the Michigan Irish Festival going on that weekend but I may be able to get my guys to work a few extra hours so I can swing by.

HenryHill is in Perry, just east of Lansing. It's about an 1hr 45min drive from Muskegon.

For sure! My wife and I are having a party in October just so I can unload some beer. I have waaaaaay too much stuff. It will be a casual grill out/fire drink thing. I will let you know when it is, you'll have to stop by. I'd love to check out your setup too.

I don't know how I missed this post I've been looking for it. My wife and I are fighting about this and I should be confirming my attendance or announcing my divorce any time now.

I don't know how I missed this post I've been looking for it. My wife and I are fighting about this and I should be confirming my attendance or announcing my divorce any time now.

OK, look, she needs to talk to Z. That should solve this. Do you Facebook?

Besides, I'm a Toolmaker, too; what could happen?

PM sent.

It's not really that bad....I hope. I've been telling her I wanted to go to this since last year. Unfortunately she just made plans for us to have friends over that night and had to do some juggling of dates to make it happen. I'm trying to convince her to go out with some friends that night, we already have a sitter for the kids for that night.

OK it's a done deal! I'll be there.

Oh, good! I'm looking forward to meeting you.

I'm the short chunky middle aged woman, with a tall skinny older guy who hangs out with me. You'll be able to find me in the crowd, because I'm constantly talking and drinking beer. Kind of like a female version of Henry Hill :cross:

I'm really looking forward to this! I kicked myself in the ass for not coming last year, and the 14 hours to yoopers was just a little too far away.

I won't be bringing any homebrew, they took it away at the border last time I tried to cross with it. But fear not I'm positive I can get a case of Canadian across the border ;)

I'm going to thinking about what I'll bring, any suggestions?

I'd love to finish these thoughts but I have kids I need to beat.

You'll be able to find me in the crowd, because I'm constantly talking and drinking beer. Kind of like a female version of Henry Hill :cross:

You don't say? Jspence1, quick tip, just nod your head up and down a lot. The first chance you get for a clean break, take it!!!!! :D

Yeah. Yoop's the "chunky" one. :eyeroll

You'll find her by the sound of her voice and the T-shirt with a picture of her Grandson on it.

My wife says only one fire department has signed up for the extraction competition. I'm not holding my breath because I'm confident that there will be a couple signing up at the last minute. If there is a competition, I'll be looking for a Brewpub to visit on the day. I have no idea if there is anything in Roscommon area.

I don't think I'll be able to stay long but I'm in Lansing and would love to pop up and meet all of you and share some beer!

This sucks! I won't be able to make it this year. Heading out of town for training. We sure had a blast last year.

This sucks! I won't be able to make it this year. Heading out of town for training. We sure had a blast last year.

Yup, we did. Bummer, and you are a good COOK, too. :(

Weird how you pick a Saturday and many have a work related reason for not being able to attend...maybe I should pick a weekday next time, and everyone can have a Dr appt., so I can catch them before they have to travel for work on the weekend. :confused:

Back