Beer Labelizer - Label Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this. With just a little work I made this.
BeerLabel9.jpg

I have noticed that a lot of people are printing the rectangular labels. I also had a look through this forum and people are designing a lot of modern looking labels. So I introduce my latest label for the beer labelizer, its a wood grain background with angled stencil writing. I hope you guys like it.

wood.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

you are awesome.

I love this site/program you made. adding a upload for custom image would be the only add-on would love to see.

thanks, for the first time i've ever labled a bottle!

I've never labeled bottles, even those I give away, but this tool will change that. I will be sure to Paypal you some funds whenever I use this to label a batch of homebrew.

Made a friends BD gift with your labels. Awesome idea. In the past I would spend hours doing my own labels and never being happy with them. Thanks.

Great start on a killer app. I would gladly pay to use this site once it's fleshed out a bit. Here's a few suggestions:

1. As others have offered, so I'd make a way for people to submit designs to you a high priority. Why do all of the work yourself?

2. The print function does not work on my machine, but it's a bit non-standard. Firefox 3.6.3 in Linux. Adobe Falsh 10.0.45.2. Unfortunately Adobe support for Flash in Linux is not the best. I'm just providing this info to you for testing purposes.

3. Save as JPEG: It would be cool (but perhaps bandwidth intensive for you) to output the tiled sheet. That would make it a lot easier to take it and get it printed.

4. Font choices would be really cool.

This has the potential to be one of the coolest and most useful home brew related sites. Awesome idea and implementation so far!

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't responded for the last week. I have been very busy at work, but I have some free time tomorrow so I plan to create a new label design. Re your feedback about users submitting designs, that would be great. If you have a design you really like and don't mind being used by others then feel free to email it to me or post it on this forum. I would love to have your creative inspiration to help me out with the tool. I can't guarantee that I will build them all, but I will certainly consider them. I've also noticed that a lot of you have asked for a label design that allows you to upload your own picture (jpeg) within the design. This is now top of my new features list. I will aim to add this ability as soon as possible as I realize it will give you all lot more creative scope with your labels. For instance I love the "Cowboy Dark" label at the top of this post with the cowboy and the cactus image. It would be great to see more variations like that. I think adding the ability for users to upload their own jpegs into the designs will really allow this to happen.

Thats awesome, well done!

Edit:

Just noticed I can't use øæå Characters, Ive no idea how hard it is for you to add them, and it doesnt really matter just if you happen to do a version 2.0 one day keep em in mind.

Kiwi ingenuity rears its head again :)

Just noticed I can't use øæå Characters, Ive no idea how hard it is for you to add them, and it doesnt really matter just if you happen to do a version 2.0 one day keep em in mind.

I made the same observation in #28. Perhaps it's as simple as using a font that supports these characters...

Hmm this is unusual that you didn't get the yellow border. I tried exporting the jpeg on my own computer and it had the yellow border. I also tried printing and the yellow border showed up. I wonder if it is something to do with your computer. Let me know if other people have the same problem.

I get the border on the jpeg, but the right hand side of the image is cut off. I only get about half the yellow line, every thing to the right of that is cut off.

Experiment with more characters and a space or an extra Cap. The displayed image looks fine, but when you save the jpeg it is cut off on the right side.

Hi Guys,

I've designed and programmed a new label for the Beer Labelizer. This time i've gone with an old school german theme and added lions! I'm pretty proud of this label, I really like the colour pallette. My friend Sam Dallyn helped me design it, he is an ace designer so thats probably why it looks nice.

I also managed to fix a couple of the bugs you were reporting. The label with the yellow border should no longer get cut off. I've also added a preloader that tells you the percentage of the site that has loaded.

lion.jpg

www.beerlabelizer.com

Great stuff. Saved it to my Favorites drop down. I will use it for tap handle labels and for a few batches if I ever get to bottling.

Donation by me to follow (need to wait for payday).

Thanks for the use of this great product.

Salute! :mug:

Has anyone done the shield label? Where did you get the labels? I'm trying to avoid cutting them out by hand.

Would it be possible to have these things available in a much larger size?

I am seriously thinking about printing a label on some iron-on sheets for t-shirts for my local half-ass homebrew club, and would LOVE to have the option of getting the image to fill up an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper without scaling it up and losing quality....

or were the templates designed at lower res in the first place?

Would it be possible to have these things available in a much larger size?

I am seriously thinking about printing a label on some iron-on sheets for t-shirts for my local half-ass homebrew club, and would LOVE to have the option of getting the image to fill up an 8.5"x11" sheet of paper without scaling it up and losing quality....

or were the templates designed at lower res in the first place?

Hi Walker,

I'm not sure if you tried the export as jpeg setting, that generates fairly high res images. Otherwise I can create a custom one off image for you. If you could let me know the label you like and the exact text you want on it I can make it for you. Certain labels will scale better than others. The two oval shaped ones will scale well. So will the shield shaped one and the diamond shaped label. The rectangular labels have low res background images so they will not scale as nicely.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Walker,

I'm not sure if you tried the export as jpeg setting, that generates fairly high res images.

Ok.. I wanted to check this before I posted that comment, but when I try to save the jpeg it isn't doing anything. I get the dialogue box asking me to select a file name and directory, but when I click [save] nothing happens. (yes, I waited for it for several minutes).

It worked for me last week when I tried it, but not today.

NEVERMIND! It was saving it all along, I just didn't get the little pop-up for Firefox that I usually get when I download something, so I thought it wasn't saving the image.

The image is there, and it's PLENTY big enough for a t-shirt.

THANKS!

Ok.. I wanted to check this before I posted that comment, but when I try to save the jpeg it isn't doing anything. I get the dialogue box asking me to select a file name and directory, but when I click [save] nothing happens. (yes, I waited for it for several minutes).

It worked for me last week when I tried it, but not today.

Hmm that is strange...? (Andy is :confused:) Normally when the dialog box asking you for directory and file name comes up it has already finished making the jpeg. All it needs to do by then is save the thing. So obviously you don't see the file in that directory when you look. I just tried on my computer and it worked. Perhaps you could try a different browser? Otherwise just tell me the label you like and the copy you want and i'll export the jpeg for you on my computer and post it here for you.

NEVERMIND! It was saving it all along, I just didn't get the little pop-up for Firefox that I usually get when I download something, so I thought it wasn't saving the image.

The image is there, and it's PLENTY big enough for a t-shirt.

THANKS!

Oh you beat me to it! I'm glad its working for you. I would be stoked if you could send me a photo of the t-shirts once they are all printed and looking cool.

Oh you beat me to it! I'm glad its working for you. I would be stoked if you could send me a photo of the t-shirts once they are all printed and looking cool.

I'll do you one better. I'll send you an actual t-shirt.

Are you skinny or fat like me? :D

I'll do you one better. I'll send you an actual t-shirt.

Are you skinny or fat like me? :D

I think i'm medium. Not skinny, not fat. But I do live in New Zealand and that's a long way to post a t-shirt so I don't mind if you would rather just take a photo. I need to find a half-ass home brew club here in New Zealand to join then I could make t-shirts for them, it's a cool idea!

:tank:

I just found this. I..AM...VERY...HAPPY! :ban:

I only bottle about 10 bottles of each batche, the rest is kegged. I didn't even bother to label because everything I came up with was LAME! I will be supporting the cause, sir!

awesome job. I'm going to use these labels for a brew that I'm going to serve at my brother's wedding next month! You made labeling 1,000,000 times easier!

awesome job. I'm going to use these labels for a brew that I'm going to serve at my brother's wedding next month! You made labeling 1,000,000 times easier!

Great idea, I would recommend you find a colour laser printer or photocopier to print the labels on. Perhaps kinkos? Just make sure your labels aren't printed on an ink jet printer, because the ink on them will run when it gets wet if they are. That wouldn't be a good look at the wedding.

This idea is great. It would be cool if you could export to different sizes.

Semi-irrelevant question:

What font style did you use for your header on the main page?

Great idea, I would recommend you find a colour laser printer or photocopier to print the labels on. Perhaps kinkos? Just make sure your labels aren't printed on an ink jet printer, because the ink on them will run when it gets wet if they are. That wouldn't be a good look at the wedding.

Oh man that would suck. I've got a color laser at my work that I can use. It'll look pretty legitimate for a complete amateur like myself. :mug:

Dumb question = how do you print them out after you make them?
I tried enlarging and right clicking to save and print, and it doesnt allow.

I told you it was a stupid question.
I have a Netbook and have never scrolled down and noticed those buttons. Thanks

WOW, This is a great program thank you so much. I cant wait to see the option to upload your own pic. Thanks again

Back