3 batches of beer..... BOTTLED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
All in one day, man is my arm soar. That was my first marathon bottling day ever. I have to say, it is a lot easier doing it this way though, and you dont waste all your sanitizer, just bottle, clean, re-sanitize, and repeat. In three to five weeks, it will all be worth it! Anyone else ever did this all in one day? Hopefully a kegging system will fit down my chimney so santa can deliver it! :ban:

Holy christ dude that's way too much bottling. But certainly a good point about cutting out the overhead for the other two batches.

I'm sure someone has done it. I remember reading guys doing 4 brew sessions in one day. I hope your kegging stuff comes for Christmas. Kegging is so much nicer.

Yeah, I've done that. It is a PITA, but it is definitely more efficient to knock it all out at once.

Eric

I'm sure someone has done it. I remember reading guys doing 4 brew sessions in one day. I hope your kegging stuff comes for Christmas. Kegging is so much nicer.

brewing 2 this weekend, one done, (5 gal each) and a (small 2 gallon) cider.

Wish I had kegging capability
got a hellacious brew schedule coming up 8 batches between now and jan 15 2010 that's a lot for me! putting one down as soon as one is ready and teaching 2 buddies to brew!

loving it though~

I, too, look forward to kegging in the not-too-distant future. Must be a nice sense of accomplishment to get so much done in on day, though. :rockin:

Wow, 3 in one day? I can only fit one carboy in the fermentation chamber, which obviously limits me to bottling one batch at a time. I plan on finishing up the kegging setup before expanding the fermentation chamber to avoid multiple bottlings in one day though.

I have bottled a two batches at once before, but never three. I still remember the sight of five cases of accompishment!

It will change your brewing life. How over long your bottling days are (mine usually were 2-3 hours per batch) to 30 minutes (and that's taking your time).

Glad you are teaching others to brew. That's awesome.

Now that is what I'm talking about. I want to sanitize, transfer, chill, hook up to gas, and forget it. Amazingly enough, my closet is so much more spacious now that all my BB are out of there!

Did 2 batches once - I used the big soda bottles (2 l ?) so it wasn't SUCH a chore. 3 would be way too much for me..

Thankfully 0 those days are behind me - long live the kegs

Back