Bell's Batch 9,000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBroas

Reaction score
My beer guy (god bless him) got 1 case of this and pulled one of of the back for me. BA has it listed as an American Stong Ale but I've seen it referred to as an Imperial Stout and frankly that is what it tastes like to me. It's 12.5% and made with molasses and licorice. I really didn't think I'd like it b/c I'm not a fan of licorice but it worked very well in this one.

I think a lot of imperial stouts are overrated because it is so easy to hide imperfections in them, but this is very well put together. Overall impression - delicious :rockin:

Anyone else try it?

I have not tried it myself but I keep seeing it around and almost getting it. I have some friends that tried it and really liked it though.

It was ok. Not really my favorite style. I found it on sale at a grocery store near a friend's house and had to get one to try. There was a bit too much extra stuff in there for me.

It was ok. Not really my favorite style. I found it on sale at a grocery store near a friend's house and had to get one to try. There was a bit too much extra stuff in there for me.

Yea I know what you mean by the amount and intensity of flavors. I thought it was great for one bottle but definitely couldn't have any more. Also wish I would have paired it with some hearty food like a pot roast instead of drinking it on its own. Still a delicous beer though IMO.

I am sipping on one of these right now and there is so much going on in this beer I am almost confused. every time I take a drink I taste something different. Mostly though I am getting a lot of rasin and licorice flavors. I am a fan.

Mostly though I am getting a lot of rasin

What is that coming from?

24487_338243337435_689937435_3541981_2132381_n.jpg

Yea I know what you mean by the amount and intensity of flavors. I thought it was great for one bottle but definitely couldn't have any more. Also wish I would have paired it with some hearty food like a pot roast instead of drinking it on its own. Still a delicous beer though IMO.

Yeah, good point. I should maybe try it with some good food instead of just sitting down to WoW and sipping out of the glass.

Still, there are plenty of beers I have not had yet, so I'll probably skip this one and see if there is anything else I like better.

the first one I cracked open smelled just like Soy Sauce. It was wierd. Tasted ok. I put the rest in the cellar for aging. Hopefully it gets better with time because I was fairly disappointed.

Latest posts

Back