Filling a growler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
Ok, maybe a dumb question but....how do you do it?

My buddy gave me a 1.5L Grolsch bottle a week or so ago. I intend to fill it with BM's Cenntennial Blonde which is on tap right now and take it to a friends house tonight. Anything I need to know?

I plan on drinking it all tonight but do I need to sanitize it or anything?

THANKS!!

I just dunk the whole thing in sanitizer the same way I do all my other bottles. Then fill away. Love those bottles by the way.

EDIT: Just realized you'll be drinking it all tonight. I guess you can do whatever you want. It wouldn't be any different than just taking a clean glass from the kitchen cabinet.

Ok, maybe a dumb question but....how do you do it?

My buddy gave me a 1.5L Grolsch bottle a week or so ago. I intend to fill it with BM's Cenntennial Blonde which is on tap right now and take it to a friends house tonight. Anything I need to know?

I plan on drinking it all tonight but do I need to sanitize it or anything?

THANKS!!

I'd just make sure it is clean and odor free. If you will be consuming it tonight no need to go to the trouble of sanitizing. :mug:

Yeah I had some foam but I just stopped and capped it....let it rest for a minute then fill it again. It took maybe 4-5 times but it wasn't too bad and it filled all the way.

Man, I love low gravity beer! I killed a half gallon of beer tonight :drunk:

I attached a piece of hose to the end of the picnic tap, it allows to fill from the bottom up and push out all the foam. Without it I was getting 60% foam in my growlers.

Back