Price Edward County area...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHaf

Reaction score
Anyone in the PEC/Appomattox/Charlotte Counties area? There seems to be a giant beer bubble that I happen to have moved right into the middle of this summer. I thought Kansas was lacking but now realise I was mistaken.

I have thought about starting a homebrew club around Farmville, is there anyone out there wanting to meet up for a few brews just to get to know one another, compare notes and complain about the lack of beer with me?

Hophaf,

I am sure you have realized that you are not just in a giant beer bubble, you are in a giant society bubble! You live in the sticks! You are probably going to have to travel for much of anything craft beer related (or mingling with society in general related).

since you just moved here, I will assume your knowledge is low and give you the run down as I know it:

Looks like you are about 45 minutes south of Licking Hole Creek brewery in Goochland. You might want to check them out.
Richmond craft beer is blowing up at an unhealthy rate...breweries are everywhere! Hardywood Park is putting out some great stuff....Center of the Universe, Isley, and Strangeways are pretty new on the scene and do some interesting stuff. Legend Brewery is the old hand in Richmond, and their Brown ale (on tap) can be awesome.

For Home brew, you have two options, Original Gravity on the north side, and Weekend Home Brewer on the South. I have only been to OG, because it is close to me, and I am very happy with that shop. James River Home Brewers meets on the second Wednesday of the month at Mekong Restaurant in Richmond starting at 6:30 with brew share....meeting going off at 7. www.jrhb.org .

Speaking of Mekong: it is voted #1 craft beer bar in the US 2 years running. Great Asian food and top notch beer menu. Another great place for tap selection is The Taphouse (I hear) in Midlothian.

Back