• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Green Chugger Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
I have a green chugger pump for sale. Works flawlessly. Ive upgraded to 2 stainless center inlet pumps. If youre curious about flow, I pumped with this through fifteen feet of 1/2" hose through my 36' 1/2" coil and it pumped strong! The threads on one side are a little marred/stripped but a little bit of teflon tape works perfectly with no leaks. The fittings are not sold with this pump but I think I have two I could sell. Without fittings, $65 shipped, firm.

ForumRunner_20121230_120445.jpg

You realize that you can get replacement, stainless, heads with center inlet for under $55, right? The inline heads are about $50 I believe. So, even if the head threads are totally buggered, you can just get another (it comes complete ready to use). I have two pumps, but the threads on the poly head got F'd up. The other head is center inlet (stainless), so I'm using that one. When I'm ready to use the second pump, I'll just order up a new head and be good to go.

So, with that motor, you could have a stainless headed pump for under $120 (plus shipping)...

Yea I know all of that but got a black pump with center inlet for Christmas. This is green and ny stand is real perty and want matching stuff.

Yea I know all of that but got a black pump with center inlet for Christmas. This is green and ny stand is real perty and want matching stuff.

Fashion whore... :eek: :D

At least whoever buys the pump now knows they can get a stainless replacement head without spending a lot of cabbage. :D

I'd grab a can of black spray paint, primer, remove the green part and just repaint it black if it was me. :D Then you have two pumps to use that won't "clash". :rockin:

At least whoever buys the pump now knows they can get a stainless replacement head without spending a lot of cabbage. :D

I'd grab a can of black spray paint, primer, remove the green part and just repaint it black if it was me. :D Then you have two pumps to use that won't "clash". :rockin:

Thanks for the laugh! Haha

I'm on it if something falls through or you decide to part with the other one....hint hint.

Before anybody posted I received a pm. Waiting on payment until tomorrow. If it falls through next in line gets it.

thanks! ;-)

Payment received. Pump is sold. I have several motors for grain mills and several gas valves also.

I have three motors for sale right now. One is 1/2 HP the other one is 1/3 HP they are all in great condition and both 115v. I have personally tested each speed and they function flawlessly. Also have an almost brand new 3/4 hp 208-230v motor with belly band. The motors also have tri clamp belly bands which I will include. I also have two standing pilot gas valves. I have converted the valves to LP gas also. They valves were checked with 24v to verify flawless operation. I will attach photos and all costs will be via USPS flat rate boxes so shipping costs will be the same for everybody. First come first serve. I am selling these at rock bottom prices to fund my Grain mill which these motors are perfect for. They all run at 1075rpms at High speed. Thanks for looking and I will ship same day or next day depending when I receive money via paypal. All Parts are used but in great condition.

1/2HP motor $65 Shipped
1/3HP motors $55 Shipped
3/4HP 208-230 $80 Shipped

Standing Pilot Gas Valves $45 Each Shipped or $80 for the pair shipped. I have photos posted on my "motors and gas valves post" best offer takes first dibs unless first offer is asking price. I will keep this updated. I already have quite a bit of interested buyers. Pm me with any questions.

Let me see about that.

They also recommend using a capacitor start motor... That way you can load the hopper then turn on the motor... Keep in mind, I'm between jobs, so the amount I have to spend on a motor (when my cordless drill does the job) is minimal. For the right price, I'll do it, but otherwise I'll just lock the drill to it and go. I also know I'll need to spend on the pulley's and belt, which could push the project back a bit.

Then just need a 110v model with enough umpf to do the job. IF I had the 1.5" rollers, a 1/2 HP motor would work. But, with the 2" rollers, it's not.

Youre telling me your dewalt drill has more running torque than a 1/2 hp 110v blower motor?

Youre telling me your dewalt drill has more running torque than a 1/2 hp 110v blower motor?

My 18v DeWalt cordless Hammer Drill, in the low speed range, is a torque MONSTER... :D Not just a regular drill. :D I have to use the side handle (removable) in order to hold onto the thing without getting my arms wrenched when I start it. A 3/4 HP motor might work, but Monster recommends a 1HP motor for the mill I have (roller size).

They were unsure if my cordless drill would have enough power to run the mill. But after a couple of uses I confirmed with them that it does. I can probably run a full hopper with a single (fully charged) battery. That's 39# of grain on a charge. Since I almost always start with a battery that's not just been charged, it's hard to say. :D

Back