Let's Hear It From The Louisiana Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Might need to get you to tell me how you get your hands on fresh yeast. Everything I've bought so far has been DOA.

Welcome to the home brewing black hole that is Central Louisiana. I usually end up ordering online from AHS for most of my supplies other than that there's a little hole in the wall place in Shreveport that has a few odds and ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you're in the BR area, check out LAHomebrew....Or, for that matter, check them out online too. They ship and they're based in LA. (I am not affiliated with them either...Just real good guy and I'm damn glad we have a store here).

From Marksville, Just getting into it and bought the Mr Beer kit at academy while I research and purchase a better 5 gal system. Ill be passing through BR next week and plan on stopping at the brew store there. A buddy of mine purchased his set up from there. There a ton of great info here!

Just moved back to NO from NH. Haven't unpacked yet, but plan to get busy as soon as I do!

I've already visited Brewstock. They've got some cool stuff going on in there.

Sent from my iCarrierPigeon

Brewing in Leesville, LA! Just moved here and haven't found a local brew shop or CO2 filling place (other than a paintball shop that charged $5/pound!)-any tips for this area?? Just started kegging this week and love it so far

Church Point checking in. Anybody got any info on the DEad Yeasy Society in Lafayette. Tried emailinig them and joining the forum but aint got no responses yet.

Church Point checking in. Anybody got any info on the DEad Yeasy Society in Lafayette. Tried emailinig them and joining the forum but aint got no responses yet.

They are more active on Facebook. They have had some leadership changes lately as well, but they meet at Marcello's in Lafayette.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/101871048107/

Jeremy Saye
Treasurer, Malt Munching Mash Monsters
Shreveport-Bossier City, LA
Certified BJCP Judge #F0730

I guess I never reported for roll-call... Livonia here (near New Roads (near Baton Rouge)).

Brewing in Ruston, LA. only about ten extract brews in. Just purchased/made AG equipment for the next stage. Anyone around here?

Getting started again..... hopefully soon....

Have brewed 4 all grain batches with a friend and 3 solo extract batches years ago.. kids came and killed it for a long time... now time to get back into it.....

Belle Chasse, LA

John (Baloo)

Lot of y'all down in Baton Rouge/ NOLA area. I started brewing when I moved to Philadelphia for engineering school. Glad to know there is an active crowd when I move back after this year

Brewing population in the BR area is growing almost daily. We've got a great supply store now and I feel that is one of the driving a causes of the increase.

It appears that the Northshore has a LHBS again. I was in Brewstock in N.O. picking up much needed supplies and was discussing the demise of Main Grain. I was told that a new supplier had opened on the Northshore. A quick interweb search brings up Triple Hopped Home Brew, 69450 HWY 59, Mandeville LA. This is about a half mile south of the original Main Grain location. I don't know how long they've been open. It will be good to have a "local"er shop available.

Noob brewing out of Alexandria / Pineville area. Me and a pal are only a couple 1gal batches in after buying some kits. But have what we need for 5 gal and will start on that as soon as we finish the last 1gal kit we bought.

Our first was an American Pale Ale that turned out pretty decent other than a little over carbonated.
Next, we attended a local homebrewer's brew day and got 5gal to ferment off that, we just bottled it a week ago and it looks like we missed the carb mark on it as well. The couple of Grolsch bottles we taste tested popped like champagne lol
Got a Country Honey Pilsner on day 2 fermenting currently and the last 1gal kit will be the Caribou Slobber Brown Ale.

So far it's been an enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to more of it. (even started gathering equipment to brew solo as well)

Cheers!

Noob brewing out of Alexandria / Pineville area. Me and a pal are only a couple 1gal batches in after buying some kits. But have what we need for 5 gal and will start on that as soon as we finish the last 1gal kit we bought.

Our first was an American Pale Ale that turned out pretty decent other than a little over carbonated.
Next, we attended a local homebrewer's brew day and got 5gal to ferment off that, we just bottled it a week ago and it looks like we missed the carb mark on it as well. The couple of Grolsch bottles we taste tested popped like champagne lol
Got a Country Honey Pilsner on day 2 fermenting currently and the last 1gal kit will be the Caribou Slobber Brown Ale.

So far it's been an enjoyable experience and I'm looking forward to more of it. (even started gathering equipment to brew solo as well)

Cheers!

Welcome, there's not many of us here in Cenla but if you want decent beer without having to drive out of town you gotta make your own. I only know of myself down the road here in Jena and my "cousin in law" that brews in the area. We've both got decent set ups if you have any questions or need anything shoot me a PM.

Brewing in NOLA here!

I got started when I was living in Thibodaux (going to NSU) and took an after-hours non-credit "Homebrewing 101" class with Leith Adams (who just started Mudbug Brewery). We did eight 1-gallon batches using extract.

I didn't brew again after the class until Feb. 2014, when I spent about $800 getting my current all-grain equipment (including my first keg/regulator/CO2 tank). I now own 3 kegs and have brewed 7 batches since then.

I'm always trying to step up my brewing game, always tweaking and buying more parts, etc. Currently I'm getting comfortable with water chemistry and pH. I also just built a cold plate jockey box that I just used for Mardi Gras.

Anyone on here in the energy sector? I will be graduating in June with a degree in Electrical Engineering and three years of full time project management experience(mostly construction and capital projects for a large convenience store company). Any full time jobs leads would be greatly appreciated. Ill owe you a beer!

Anyone on here in the energy sector? I will be graduating in June with a degree in Electrical Engineering and three years of full time project management experience(mostly construction and capital projects for a large convenience store company). Any full time jobs leads would be greatly appreciated. Ill owe you a beer!

You might look into Beta Engineering in Pineville, LA if you haven't already. They do a lot of substation work. I worked for their parent company, Crest Operations for while before I got into the oil and gas industry. Great company to work for from what I saw.

I'm brewing beer and wine on toledo Bend, Chocolate Milk Stout in secondary right now and then i'll be doing a summer ale.

I'm in Thibodaux. Just picked up this hobby in June. Been wanting to give it a go and finally did it, mainly because tired of paying $9 for a six pack of good beer.

I'm in Thibodaux. Just picked up this hobby in June. Been wanting to give it a go and finally did it, mainly because tired of paying $9 for a six pack of good beer.

That's one of the reasons I started. Several hundred if not several thousand dollars later, I am still paying $9 for a six pack of good beer (although I buy it much less frequently). It's a great, fun hobby, but it probably won't save you much money.

That's one of the reasons I started. Several hundred if not several thousand dollars later, I am still paying $9 for a six pack of good beer (although I buy it much less frequently). It's a great, fun hobby, but it probably won't save you much money.

Yeah, you are probably right, but my wife thinks it does so that's what really matters LOL. It is fun and addicting. Only been doing it for a couple months but it's something I enjoy doing.

Back