Hoping for the best.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Got my mash going right now, at 35 minutes 152.5F. I'm afraid northernbrewer didn't crush my maris otter enough. The grain looked a little too whole when I saw it in the bag, but there was alot of debri at the bottom of the bag, so I figured it was fine. Started my mash, and man, it looks pretttty thin for 1.25qt/lb. I scooped up some grain with my spoon and a large amount was lookin whole.

Well, hoping for the best, worst case I have to add some light DME (god I hope not).

Northern has been having a bit of a problem with their crush lately. I had to have some reshipped because of this.

Sucks man, takes exactly 8 days from when I order for my shipment to get here. I don't have the self-control to wait that long if something doesn't look right. I just wing it and hope for the best.

Austin Homebrew seems to have pretty consistent, and good, crushes from my limited experience. This is only temporary though as I plan on adding a grain mill to my arsenal in a couple months.

Dan

Yea, grain mill is the next step for me too. I've had huge success with northernbrewer. I was raving about them in another thread today. Then I got this in the mail this afternoon. My first runnings were 1.068 at 70F, now I'm batch sparging and we'll see where it goes from here.

Back