Any C.R.A.B.S. members? (Md homebrew club)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
I just wanted to see if any CRABS members were on HBT. I think I'm going to go to the next meeting and see if I like actually talking to real live people (!) about homebrew. :mug:

Meetings can be fun, the James River Homebrewers meet once a month and usually have lots of homebrew on hand for sampling.

What does C.R.A.B.S. stand for? We need to come up with a clever acronym for the Central Veeyay BrewDay.

Meetings can be fun, the James River Homebrewers meet once a month and usually have lots of homebrew on hand for sampling.

What does C.R.A.B.S. stand for? We need to come up with a clever acronym for the Central Veeyay BrewDay.

CRABS stands for Chesapeake Real Ale Brewers Society. Glad to hear you enjoy yours - I figured this would give me an opportunity to share beer with people that will actually give me critiques or advice, instead of my family's usual "This is really good!" or "Ick" spiel.

If not CRABS and you don't mind the drive to Frederick, check out FOAM. :)

Homebrew clubs are great. Good, constructive feedback and a good time overall.

If not CRABS and you don't mind the drive to Frederick, check out FOAM. :)

Homebrew clubs are great. Good, constructive feedback and a good time overall.

Thanks for the suggestion - I would love to go to FOAM, but it's a solid hour drive for me to Frederick, and on a weeknight (in DC traffic) that's likely to be more like 1.5 hours. :(

I emailed CRABS and still haven't heard back, so I am just going to show up at the next meeting, homebrew in hand, and hope for the best. :)

+1 to FOAM. Those guys are awesome. Well, save one of them.

Don't talk about yourself like that, Jason. You're much better liked than that. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion - I would love to go to FOAM, but it's a solid hour drive for me to Frederick, and on a weeknight (in DC traffic) that's likely to be more like 1.5 hours.

I hear ya. It is a little bit of a haul for you. It's an hour from here as well but I've been with 'em for 6 years, they're like family for me now. :)

Good luck!

I've been wanting to go check out a FOAM meeting for the longest time. Well, since I started brewing really. But work always got in the way.

Now that I'm my own boss, that's a completely different story!

I've been wanting to go check out a FOAM meeting for the longest time. Well, since I started brewing really. But work always got in the way.

"All work and no play...";)

Short drive for you! Meetings are the first Monday of every month (usually) at the Flying Barrel, 7pm. Next one is Monday, March 2nd. It's a great group. Stop by!

Frederick's Original Ale Makers Home

I just might. I've been dying to actually talk about beer with someone other than my extremely patient (but uninterested) SWMBO.

I buy all my ingredients at Flying Barrel, so I certainly know the way!

jmulligan,

I'll be there (dunno if that helps or hurts your decision to go, LOL).

I've only been once before but everyone there was super nice.

jmulligan,

I'll be there (dunno if that helps or hurts your decision to go, LOL).

I've only been once before but everyone there was super nice.

Cool, then I will see you there! I'm glad to hear everyone was nice (I'd expect nothing less of brewers!). And I will be able to up my count of in-person HBTer encounters to a whopping three! :)

I'm a member of WooTown - meeting is the 16th up at the Thirsty Brewer in Baldwin.
It's a very social club - lots of drinking.

Plus, there's our HBT group - we'll meet up and try beers and talk about beers any time, we just don't have any set schedule or formal meeting agenda. :)

I'm a CRAB. We just had our Christmas party meeting last night. 1st meeting I've been to in about 5 years since I took a break from brewing to get my sons into and out of college (almost there, 5 more months!)

MikeB

Back