Hi from Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tired

Reaction score
I have been lurking and posting on homebrewtalk for about a month now, and I realized that I have not introduced myself yet.

I have been brewing on and off for about 15 years. Unfortunately, most of the time has been spent with my equipment sitting idle in the basement. I started brewing in college with some friends when we were underage since it was cheaper and easier then buying without an ID when going to school in a small upstate NY town. Until recently, all my batches have been extract with some grains in a mesh bag. My last two brews have been mini-mashes. This week, I put my order in for my first AG batch.

Other things about me:

-My girlfriend tolerates the carboy in the bedroom during the Winter months since it is the only room in the apartment that is warm enough for fermentation.

-I am a librarian

-I collect and ride old Vespa and Lambretta scooters

-Punk and Ska are what I prefer to listen too, but on my old 78 record player, you are more likely to find hillbilly, mento, calypso, blues, and jazz

-tired

orfy said:
Hi Tired.

Where you from?

Was/Are you a Mod?

I grew up in Chicago, but got my first scooter when I lived in San Francisco years ago. I was never a mod, but I have always been a fan of The Jam.

-tired

orfy said:
I was wondering if they did the Mod thing in the US?

The Mod thing definitely existed in the US, but it was/is on such a tiny scale compared to the UK. Over the years of riding scooters, the majority of people I meet seem to be from ska/punk backgrounds. In Boston, I have met a number of mods, but have only had one friend whose scooter had mirrors that could come close to rivaling those in Quadrophenia.

-todd

Latest posts

Back