T Minus 3...2...1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GolgiApparatus

Reaction score
Brewed my first partial mash and lager (same brew) Friday night. OG was a 1.081 and I used Wyeast Kolsch yeast because I don't have a super cold fermentation zone for primary (only 52-56 degF). Checked fermentation Saturday about 1pm and had some minor bubbling, so I assumed all was going well.

Today I went down into the basement, and the 3pc. airlock was laying on the floor about 12 feet from the primary, still assembled in one piece!! Needless to say, after some mopping, resanitizing the airlock, washing down the outside of the primary, and throwing my brew hauler straps into the washer, all is well! I've had big beers bubble into the airlock before, but this is my first official airlock rocket launch...:ban:

I've used blow off tubes before, but only when I primary in a 5 gallon carboys...I thought I was safe in a 6.5 but live and learn. lol

Back