Used Corny Post Removal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radamson

Reaction score
Howdy y'all;
I received a pair of cornies and can't for the life of me remove the post connects on either of them; not that it should matter, but they are pin-lock connects and I've tried my pin-lock socket on them:
1) when full of water, so they move on me less when torquing the post;
2) half full of water, but torching the posts at their thread connections - damn the o-rings, I'll rebuild them anyway, just get them off!
3) empty where they jump around as I scream and yell like a shot-putter while attempting to turn the posts.

Has anyone conquered this impasse?

thank you very much in advance - I want to put them to use!!!

:mug:
Cheers,
Richard.

I had the same plm with 4 pinlock kegs and those posts ! I tried heat, soaking, banging , keglube ...

I even sent the socket back to midwest supplies, thinking it was poor design. They sent another, and I still had no luck ... just a weakling I guessed.

Then I hosted a brewing get together and Paulthenurse came to the rescue and, with considerable effort and more strenth than me, got those post off..

my kegs were rescued !

so - do you have any really strong friends ??

Got a 1/2" Impact Wrench?

Stick another long wrench or chunk of wood through the handle of the keg to give you some leverage...then smack the end of the wrench with something....Remember...Rightey Tightey...LEfty Loosey!

Back